Asp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaythefool

In the zone
i would like to know which softwares are necessary for working asp i ve already installed microsoft pws but asp pages dosent work i have no knowledge of asp pages ! i just dcan script java script and html ! help please And i would like to know the free sites which have asp support the best one please :lol:

techie_it

Broken In
dude...First things First !!!!

In Order to run Pages ending with ASP(abcd.asp) , you first need to either have PWS or IIS .PWS is found in Windows 95/98/Me. By Default it doesnt Get Installed (unless , you install using Custom way)....

IIS is installed in Windows 2000/XP/NT....bydefault it is installed

When you have done that , you should get a Folder called InetPubs in your System Drive , incase its C , then the path woould be C:\InetPubs
and wihtin this, there would be lots of folder (guess 6 or 7) , you should find one called wwwroot. This is where you will place all your files . all files including your html , asp pages everything which you want host .

One way of checking whether IIS Server is on or not is like this:

Type The Following address in your Broswer Address
*localhost/iishelp

Incase , some pages appear, then its enabled(by default , it is started). Incase , it is not, you can click on PWS Icon (think , it would be in Control Panel) and click on Start Button.

And in Xp/2000/NT , you can click on IIS Server in Admin Tools and Just Click the Play Button , it will start .

Try Following Code in a Note pad and save it as .asp page (like test.asp) and save it on the wwwroot Folder

<%
Response.Write("Hello, Test Page")
%>

and wooo..Ur ASP Pages are running.
You can Embed ASP Script within your HTML Page , but remember the <% %> tags.........

Good Luck

techie_it

Broken In
Yeah , incase you want to HOST your ASP PAges , Normal Hosting Sites(I mean Free Ones) , like geocities , will not alloow you to host them . You can use Any one of The Following

1) *www.brinkster.com
But i guess , they have now become Paid, i had hosted some pages on this server couple of Months Ago.

2)
*www.1asphost.com Its a Good Site For Hosting ASP Pages .

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
USe 1asphost.com only.
An ya they just jiv in a link down 2 their site. So pretty decent appearance.
With css style sheets you can change the colour of the link too, to suit your page design.

Well no CDO supp. I don't think ne free site gives it??? Ne???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom