are you a X BOXer

Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hey i wanted to know how many of you have a xbox 360 , and if you have opne where you got it from have just recieved a xbox 360 as a gift from my cousins .

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Will be getting it for christmas, from my brother who is in STATES. But as far as games visual quality, an HDTV is required. Normal tv's work fine but as GAMESPOT said to see real capablities a HDTV is a must.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Did you guys get pre-orders on that thing? Because Microsoft cut supplies and most stores will get very consoles for walk-in customers. The early adopters are the ones who will definitely get their consoles - others will have to wait until the next shipments arrive sometime before Christmas. If you are lucky, you can get one then else wait for 2006.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
My one is a pre-ordered. I think my brother would recieve it on the 1st week of december, donno exactly. He has ordered to AMAZON and it is the deluxe package, u know with HDD etc.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
hey i wanted to know how many of you have a xbox 360 , and if you have opne where you got it from have just recieved a xbox 360 as a gift from my cousins .

You already HAVE an X360? :eek: Whoa! How come? Even if you live in the US, it would have only been about the morning of the 21st when you posted that, so wondering how come you got it when the launch and pick-up dates for the console in the US was supposed to be November 22 at 12:01. You couldn't even have got it at the Microsoft Zero Hour Launch Event party in California, since the X360's were supposed to be sold only on late Monday night. And if it is at the party and that was a premature post, how did your cousins get the invites? What titles did you get? Please post pictures.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Also what I am more interested in knowing is, do the games actually work here ? Remem most of the games go via XBOX live. So I am curious...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Wait a minute, are you telling me that the X360 was available at New Delhi nearly 48 hours before anyone in the US was able to buy it? Why do I find that hard to believe. So when you posted that you have an X360 at 5 PM on the 21st of November, it would have been about the morning of 21st in the US, nearly a full 24 hours before the official launch of the console in the US. So, even if the New Delhi store had pre-ordered it, there was no way they could have had it shipped to them for sale on the 21st. Help me out here, will you? What games do you have for the X360? How is the authentication service working, like Icecoolz asked, and please post pics, any pics, cell phone or digicam of YOUR Xbox 360 in action. Thank you very much!

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Hey Enoo, MS was running all sorts of promotional campaigns for the Xbox 360 like the Dew every 10 mins, Canadian be first to play, Hex 168, etc. As a results of the campaigns many people were able to get their hands on the 360 as early as the 17th or 18th Nov. So, it is possible that the store got one of those consoles.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
As far as I know, nobody got an Xbox 360 before 12:01am on the 22nd - Not even the guys who won the Mountain Dew promotions. Perhaps, the only people who had it before launch were the gaming publications who were reviewing games and stuff. I'm sorry but I find it impossible to believe that readermaniax had the console on the 21st. So like enoon said, we need images of the console and games too.

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Well Nemesis if you have a hard time believing that some people indeed got their 360s before Nov 22, then check out the 360 forums on www.xbox-scene.com. People had posted pics and videos of themselves with their 360s in action as early as Nov 14th. Initially people thought these were hoaxes, but later on it was confirmed that those people had indeed received their Xbox 360s before the official launch date.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well I guess I was wrong. But readermaniax still hasn't come back to explain his position. Did he get it from a store in Delhi? On the 21st?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
You mean you want me to come down from New York to Delhi just to verify your claim? Why don't you post images of your console? We would like to see it. Oh, and your setup too.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
check it out in del if u dont belive it .......i got it frm my bro .....he is not in del

Please excuse me, but I dont seem to remember asking you where I could get it in India or where in Delhi I could get it. All I asked you was to post pictures of your X360 in action, and of course, how your cousin got the console long before anyone else could get it. Now, if your cousin was not in Delhi and is somewhere else, presumably in the US, even then, how could you get your hands on the console on the 21st? You never bothered explaining that, instead of telling us where to get an X360 in Delhi. And assuming that you got your X360 from the US, unmodded, along with a couple of original titles, how are you authenticating the games and working without the Live service? Did you get the Core version or the Premium version? Since we cant come down to where you live to check out your next-gen console in person, we are asking you to put up pictures of your console in action. How hard can THAT be?

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
enoonmai said:
... how are you authenticating the games and working without the Live service?
Enoo you don't have to authenticate the games for Xbox 360 over Live in order to play them. Just pop the disc in the console and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom