are they both different???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
is it true that sony erricson "K" series and "W" series differ in sound quality???

it looks so weird to me when i checked its specifications in the gsmarena.com site.

because, k series for eg: k790 has a polyphonic feature of 72 channels, while the w series for eg: w850i has polyphonic feature of 40 channels only...

my question is, which one sounds better? and i also heard that w stands for walkman series.... so the walk man series should sound good right??? if that is the case, why sony people are keeping low quality products in the walkman range???

what does this 72 channel, 64 channel or 40 channel in polyphonic feature means???
pls anyone explain in detail so that i can choose which series is better in sound output... and why??? thanks in advance.

Pathik

Google Bot
well generally the k series hav better cams and the w series hav better sound.. But the qualities may differ 4m fone 2 fone

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the polyphonic channel applies only to MIDI files. the more no. of channels the more instruments can be played simultaneously producing better sound. this has got nothing to do wid the mp3/aac or video playback.

so if u are interested in getting a digicam like cam phone go in for k series. w series has features like megabass not available wid k790 and above phone which enhances the audio of mp3/aac etc.

dun bother the polyphonic channels. they are in conjunction wid the midi output. and u'd defintely not buy a phone to listen to midi tracks. so u can safely ignore this if u dun want real sounding ringtones in midi format.

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
infra_red_dude said:
the polyphonic channel applies only to MIDI files. the more no. of channels the more instruments can be played simultaneously producing better sound. this has got nothing to do wid the mp3/aac or video playback.

so if u are interested in getting a digicam like cam phone go in for k series. w series has features like megabass not available wid k790 and above phone which enhances the audio of mp3/aac etc.

dun bother the polyphonic channels. they are in conjunction wid the midi output. and u'd defintely not buy a phone to listen to midi tracks. so u can safely ignore this if u dun want real sounding ringtones in midi format.
thanks brother.... thats a nice piece of information to have....
by the way, one thing i wanna know is, which one sounds loud, better & clear when there is an incoming call??? u said with regard to mp3 i agree.... but what about the sound output when there is an incoming call???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well u can haf control over both. u've got free midi as well as mp3 editing software which can be used to increase the volume. but afaik, mp3/aac sounds better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom