Are consoles worth it for a second shot?

saiyaman

Journeyman
A brief kind of "history" about this: I own a PS2 which I bought in 2004 and it was pretty decent till 2012 when it stopped playing most discs. A repair might probably work which is still far fetched as I haven't touched it.

I enjoyed the PS2 mostly because of the exclusives and due to the fact that I had a PC with absolutely no dedicated graphic card which is a different scenario compared to now as I have a decent PC. The main problem is however the cost of each game bought. PC games were so easy to get and they were very cheap compared to the ridiculous prices which were on the games played on PS2. I would maybe have got a high end rig with the amount of money PS2 games were taking off :D

I upgraded the PC and got some good stuff about 2 years back. I had thought about whether I could instead go for a console but decided to upgrade and felt it was a good decision.

Over here I'm torn to whether I should get a console as I think from a PC gamer perspective consoles are ridiculously priced high and the games....they are the height of ridiculous pricing. The console equals the price for about 10 or 15 games.

Should I go for a console? It does have exclusives and at the same time it looks like a waste of money.

Gollum

Collector
A brief kind of "history" about this: I own a PS2 which I bought in 2004 and it was pretty decent till 2012 when it stopped playing most discs. A repair might probably work which is still far fetched as I haven't touched it.

I enjoyed the PS2 mostly because of the exclusives and due to the fact that I had a PC with absolutely no dedicated graphic card which is a different scenario compared to now as I have a decent PC. The main problem is however the cost of each game bought. PC games were so easy to get and they were very cheap compared to the ridiculous prices which were on the games played on PS2. I would maybe have got a high end rig with the amount of money PS2 games were taking off :D

I upgraded the PC and got some good stuff about 2 years back. I had thought about whether I could instead go for a console but decided to upgrade and felt it was a good decision.

Over here I'm torn to whether I should get a console as I think from a PC gamer perspective consoles are ridiculously priced high and the games....they are the height of ridiculous pricing. The console equals the price for about 10 or 15 games.

Should I go for a console? It does have exclusives and at the same time it looks like a waste of money.
Checkout the awesome game play I posted straight from MY ps4 to youtube. You will need quite a heavy upgrade to get this.
But then again, console exclusive games are pretty awesome. not many exclusive games for PC as they get pirated super quick.
Developers do not want to lose money this way.
[YOUTUBE]u-AQP7lAq7M[/YOUTUBE]

ravimadrad

Right off the assembly line
Agree here, direct to YouTube posting is amazing, I really don't think you will be wasting money with a PS4!!!
They won't always be so expensive either I think.

Gollum

Collector
Agree here, direct to YouTube posting is amazing, I really don't think you will be wasting money with a PS4!!!
They won't always be so expensive either I think.

Consoles don't work so well in India mate.
Only if you are an enthusiast like me then you should get a console.
Else the PC can serve you good as games are cheaper and clever chaps know how to get their hands on new games

digit_hpt

Right off the assembly line
I think investing in PC would be a good idea as you could play New games and also indie games for pc are good.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think investing in PC would be a good idea as you could play New games and also indie games for pc are good.

I hate to say this but, you can't be sure of playing new games on PC. Arkham Knight is the prime example of how developers don't take PCs seriously.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I hate to say this but, you can't be sure of playing new games on PC. Arkham Knight is the prime example of how developers don't take PCs seriously.

They eventually did a great job on the fix. Arkham Knight is so much better now on PC. I'd say it's as good as the GTA V port.

Top Bottom