Apple Vs Samsung :: which is better and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam22

TV Expert
I am looking to get a new phone next month and I am confused between Apple and Samsung. As a Brand I am told that Apple is much better than Samsung. What you say folks??

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i see a flame war coming :D

are you talking about show off value and after sale service ?

Apple !

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@mods, close this thread before flaming starts

PS: @OP, fill this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If this planet can let people believe Apple is better than Samsung then anything could be believed, anything. While I hate both brands, it's undoubtedly clear that Samsung is ahead in the race by quite a distance, I don't think that gap will be ever filled by Apple, unless Jobs comes back up from the grave :| P E R I O D

And about that question, Samsung vs Apple, in cyber world it's more than India vs Pakistan cricket match, so I present you this,

*i.imgur.com/tHF1zBg.gif

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
LG is good.

Create a thread in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Absolutely no interest in flame war or that crap but when you say 'quality', quality about what?
Ease of use I agree, as long as my needs match my parents'

In reality, Samsung is much ahead of Apple......... (Apple is jealous so they started court wars)
Samsung has also lost its charm......Until S4 it was good, S5 disappionted me.........

In India, you are just rich & likes to show off if you buy Apple products......... (Same is the case with S5 now, but S5 is better in terms of features n utilities, but I hate both S5 & 5S)
Example: My friend recently bought iPhone 4 8GB for 20k !!! As you all may know there are much better phones for 20k, like Xperia SP or even Moto G ..... He himself was an android user, he made the shift for show off....

Currently the only Samsung phones which are worth buying, acc. to me are S Duos 2(8.5k), S4 Mini(18k), Grand 2(20k) & S4(28k), rest are crap or over priced

Apple phones which are worth buying : None (all are overpriced)

xSF

Assembly Line is stuck.
Until S4 it was good, S5 disappionted me.........

I hate both S5 & 5S
Currently the only Samsung phones which are worth buying, acc. to me are S Duos 2(8.5k), S4 Mini(18k), Grand 2(20k) & S4(28k), rest are crap or over priced

+1 to that.

$hadow

Geek in making
Public share kinda states it all in many perspective. Samsung holds a good position and now even Sony has pushed Apple down and got 2nd spot in Indian mobile market but that being said does not mean that Samsung is best.
Crappy build quality and even worse processor why can't they provide Snapdragon in India is still unknown and over that they over price the phone in the initial few months and then prices starts to fell like wham. But Apple is always over priced. As [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] said above even they sold iphone 4 at 20k wa highly over priced considering the competition .

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hahahahaha.....Some inputs on the post will be appreciated though..

like i said before if you are talking about show off value , ASS , Build quality .. Camera seems to be on par for both( comparing flasgships only ).. Apple is ahead and they overprice and charge a good premium for this
Rest in every department Samsung is ahead.. but sony,Lg,motorola are going to dethrone samsung soon in low and mid end..

why can't they provide Snapdragon in India is still unknown
it's simple bro .. Exynos is much cheaper to produce and prices in india falls the fastest, so it gives them more profit than snapdragon variant.. since in west majority phones are sold through contracts and last i remember exynos does not have integrated LTE so they can't use that in USA and other places.. whereas here nobody needed 4g till now ..

and in low end they use broadcomm to make more money than using snapdragon..

I suggest everyone post out a proper "x is better because abc" without throwing invisible punches and stereotypical messages. Or else I'll have to close this down.

@OP it would be much more helpful if you specify the models you are comparing with, and brand value is not within this thread's scope.

tkin

Back to school!!
Apple = Show Off.
Samsung = Cr@p design, good hardware, overhyped, overpriced, but good support.
HTC = Good design/hardware, ovepriced.
LG = Good Hardware, VFM, mediocre design, mediocre support.
Sony = Good design, good hardware, mediocre support, mediocre pricing.

Nokia = Excellent design, good hardware(best camera), good pricing, but win os might not be everyone's cup of tea.

So this is my observation, its purely my own, everyone is welcomed to contradict it.

Support means OS updates, not after sales service which is almost same for all renowned brands.

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

Can you elaborate on this part. As far as the threads i have seen at TE and TDF, people were very happy with LG's services. I remember one guy bricking his phone and the service centre restored it no question asked.

tkin

Back to school!!
Can you elaborate on this part. As far as the threads i have seen at TE and TDF, people were very happy with LG's services. I remember one guy bricking his phone and the service centre restored it no question asked.
Did you read this part of my post?
Apple = Show Off.

Nokia = Excellent design, good hardware(best camera), good pricing, but win os might not be everyone's cup of tea.

So this is my observation, its purely my own, everyone is welcomed to contradict it.

Support means OS updates, not after sales service which is almost same for all renowned brands.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
If this planet can let people believe Apple is better than Samsung then anything could be believed, anything. While I hate both brands, it's undoubtedly clear that Samsung is ahead in the race by quite a distance, I don't think that gap will be ever filled by Apple, unless Jobs comes back up from the grave :| P E R I O D

And about that question, Samsung vs Apple, in cyber world it's more than India vs Pakistan cricket match, so I present you this,

*i.imgur.com/tHF1zBg.gif

though i admit apple isnt as good as it was under Jobs , samsung is a worse company than apple and doesnt give quality or after sales,atleast apple has a few good things here and there unlike samsung

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Apple = Show Off.

good summary and i agree on all points except 1

Sony has the best pricing amongst all android Manufacturers .. name 1 international OEM( baring lenovo ) that has better pricing than Sony with the same hardware

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Apple = Show Off.

with all honesty and experience with each brand!!
+100000000000000(for real) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sony has the best pricing amongst all android Manufacturers .. name 1 international OEM( baring lenovo ) that has better pricing than Sony with the same hardware

lenovo has worse support though despite their great pricing ,hardware and build quality
i have a lenovo tab , great budget browsing tab but sadly no updates etc

- - - Updated - - -

as for after sales , sony, apple,nokia have the best after sales , samsung and htc being the worst

tkin

Back to school!!

They may have learnt their lesson now after getting a heavy beating, but when they launched the Xperia Z, it was priced very high, kind of what Samsung is trying to pull off now(not that high, but still high for the hardware), since then the have learnt their lesson, and also at that time they had some very stupid phones, like Xperia J, then there was one phone with a pathetic battery, I think it was the Xperia P, many people went for it without looking at the battery. So I don't agree with that point.

IMHO the only company that had released true VFM phones are Motorola(moto g), LG(optimus L9), Samsung at very early times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom