Apple relaunching 8GB iPhone 4 in India to boost sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
And just when you thought this was a dead horse and flogging wouldn't help Apple is going to price this mobile at 23200 Rs unlike 15K the general consensus we had arrived at.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
This meanwhile...Samsung launches Galaxy Grand 2 at 23K.

Frankly i don't see people buying the iphone 4 around 23K. 15K was a sweet spot and most would have taken the dive but around 23K its too pricy .

Even devout Apple fan like me would want to keep myself miles from this...decision.

I think Apple took a wrong turn in pricing there...Would have found a new market for Apple store and mobile with 15K priced mobile.

At 23K this is all together different ball game..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Your post sound like iPhone 4 is 23k. Isn't it 15k?

Am I missing something?

ankush28

Bazinga
This meanwhile...Samsung launches Galaxy Grand 2 at 23K.

Frankly i don't see people buying the iphone 4 around 23K. 15K was a sweet spot and most would have taken the dive but around 23K its too pricy .

Even devout Apple fan like me would want to keep myself miles from this...decision.

I think Apple took a wrong turn in pricing there...Would have found a new market for Apple store and mobile with 15K priced mobile.

At 23K this is all together different ball game..

23k:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
source?

Galaxy grand 2 :facepalm:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
^^ Your post sound like iPhone 4 is 23k. Isn't it 15k?

Am I missing something?

Yes Vyom its being launched around 23 K.

23k:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
source?

Galaxy grand 2 :facepalm:

Source: Apple is reportedly relaunching the iPhone 4 in India for Rs 22,900 - Mobiletor.com
Source: Reports say Apple will sell 8GB iPhone 4 in India for around Rs 23,000 - Tech2

Feature to feature i meant for the last face Palm. Sometimes the hand does hit self more when the truth reveals.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
dont think apple is itself involved in any of this. none of these news reports have one fragment of info directly from apple.
this is only resellers selling discontinued devices, which the were doing before or after this "relaunch" anyway.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Apple is indeed relaunching the iPhone 4 in India as reported earlier this week. However, Apple has priced the smartphone, which was launched in 2010 and discontinued a couple of months ago, at an MRP of Rs 22,900 and not Rs 15,000, BGR India has learnt from sources at Apple’s distributor partners.

Source:Apple to relaunch iPhone 4 8GB in India for Rs 22,900 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Update:
Apple’s distributors are giving a scheme to retailers where it will give 10 free iPhone 4 8GB for every 100 units they buy. This, sources say, could give more margin for retailers to lower the price of the iPhone 4 8GB to around Rs 20,000.

Apple would never dilute its brand value and one should not have expected even an old model like the iPhone 4 8GB at Rs 15,000. However, Apple could bring down the price further by giving EMI schemes like the one it has just introduced for the iPad mini today.

The EMI scheme on the iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB in India comes with a downpayment of Rs 4,999 and 18 EMIs of Rs 1,055 each. Apple would provide a cashback at the end of 18 months that would cover the interest and taxes levied on the EMI and then some more. You can check out that offer

Source:Apple to relaunch iPhone 4 8GB in India for Rs 22,900 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Apple’s distributors are giving a scheme to retailers where it will give 10 free iPhone 4 8GB for every 100 units they buy. This, sources say, could give more margin for retailers to lower the price of the iPhone 4 8GB to around Rs 20,000

Apple to relaunch iPhone 4 8GB in India for Rs 22,900 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

cites

Apple to reportedly relaunch the iPhone 4 8GB in India for Rs 15,000 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

which cites

Apple to relaunch 8GB version of iPhone 4 in India as sales lag - Economic Times

which says

The US company, pressing hard to raise its market share in India, will price the device at around 15,000 through buyback and EMI schemes compared with its old retail price of Rs 26,500, Apple's four top trade partners in India said requesting anonymity due to confidentiality clauses.

which we know now to be wrong

still, not a peep from apple, only its distributers and resellers

another tale of chinese whispers

this tech 2 article
Reports say apple will sell 8GB iPhone 4 in India at Rs. 22900

cites this techcrunch article
Apple turns to old iphone models and lower prices too woo users in India

which comes back to this ET article again
Apple to relaunch 8GB version of iPhone 4 in India as sales lag - Economic Times

at the very least all contemplation of strategic steps taken by apple to "increase it's market share" or whatever reasons given for this move is all pulled out of thin air

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
To think right now nothing is certain until Apple actually officially launches it. But right now we can be bit sure that the chances of it being launched around 23K are equally as strong as 15K .

I and many more like me,so wish Apple launches this around 15K. Great option as a second phone at this price point.

You need a non nonsense, closed , absolutely always working mobile phone like all times as your second fall back phone...nothing beats apple at 15K.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
in us it is selling for equivalent of Rs. 19000s but original refurbed pieces are available in less than 15k and maybe second hand phone is an option at less than 10k

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Its almost getting certain with each passing day and hour the price is almost around 22,900 Rs.

I so wish iphone should have not discontinued with iphone 5 and should have re priced it at 28000 /-

That would have been sweet deal.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lies. give me one link to something apple has done to qualify or justify this "news" as a re-launch.
proof : Apple (India) - iPhone - Compare Models
src for *www.gsmarena.com/apple_launches_outdated_iphone_4_in_india-news-7620.php is this, which has nothing from apple or it's representatives, or actually even resellers or distributors. at this point the news is literally rumors
iPhone 4 Relaunched At Rs 22,900 | Mobile | www.indiatimes.com
Since last week, rumours of Apple relaunching the iPhone 4 at a 'budget' price began doing rounds in India. While rumours pegged the iPhone 4 to be priced at Rs 15,000 it came as more than a surprise to many - as Apple is not known to be a benevolent company when it comes to pricing their smartphones. And clearly, the rumours were all wrong. The price of the re-launched iPhone 4 is Rs 23,000. Not just over-pricing a device but almost robbery.

so, ignoring the idiotic and populist aspersions about the motivations of the company (even if it's a money making machine, it cannot think about committing human crimes such as robbery) at this point the news is that resellers are selling discontinued devices at exorbitant prices. since these models are not officially available, any price is exorbitant.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Unless Apple officially launches the iphone we can never really put it on paper the exact price.
But we can ofcourse take it logically and speculate comparing other markets.

1) Production of iphone 4 is discontinued.

2)Apple is lying with vast amount of unsold iphone 4 inventory .

3)Besides India , Apple sells iphone 4 in China through official Apple store.

4)The price there in China for iphone 4 officially through Apple Store is 26000 Rs. Source : Apple and Apple Store without carrier tie up.

5)With this logic you can safely put it Apple will never sell the iphone 4 in India for 15K.

Infact consider yourself lucky that you will get it around 23K, still 3K cheaper than in China the official price from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom