Apple MacBook Air: Full Review by PC Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
One thing what I really like about Apple is that they always come out with revolutionary design. I'm not into their products, so can't comment on their performance. I really love the sleekness of this product. It's the price which really matters to me. If they try to cut down the prices a bit more, I think more people would buy their products. That's just my opinion. Fanboys, you can go ahead with whatever you were saying :D

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
i feel that there is no practicality in the macbook air.i was eagerly waitin for a macbook upgrade(the combo drive) and now apple comes and launches a product that has no odd!!!

napster007

Padawan
Yes, if u say Apple's hardware design sux then u r wrong...

If u say Apple's software backend & prices & restrictions sux then u r right.

I personally have nothing against their hardware.(Though i still think that the air is a copy of the Asus EEE)

as far as the software goes.........well there's nothing more to say than what i already have.

napster007

Padawan
Another gx_saurav/iMav in the making...

if ur calling them idiots too......... Well thank you atleast now i know the ppl who are as idiotic as me.

i bet my life you won't be able to find anyone with ur sky shooting level of arrogance and stupidity :mrgreen: :-D :eek: :-D :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^You forgot to mention that ThinkPad X300 also has built-in GPS and WWAN.
The Macbook Air beats X300 in the processor department only.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I saw a Macbook Air in class the other day. It was so thin! Couldn't believe my eyes. Couldn't care less about the Leveraged Buyout (LBO) lecture after that. :p

Btw, on campus here: It's Macbook > Toshiba > Dell > Lenovo. Out of 10 laptops in the library, I see atleast 4 Macbooks (with the odd Pro thrown in). Though I love the keyboards on the Lenovo laptops. They're the best keyboards I've ever used.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
You're a freaking idiot, that's what you are. Ha! Ha! Ha! I can't believe you just said that. :lol: :lol:

Another gx_saurav/iMav in the making...

A rare outburst from Aayush. Unnecessarily rude, no? We were having a civil discussion here....

And save it saurav, MBA is for fanboys, and people who like to show off. Just like the iPod... the Creative Zen M threw the iPod out the window in every aspect, but fanboys and brand value just carried it to what it is today.

Let the fanboys and noobs go get their MBAs while we revel in the ability of being able to read DVDs.....

and @Aayush... If you're not a Mac fanboy, how come this is the only review from PC world [or anywhere else AFAIK]? Also, this whole thread is kind of pointless, considering there are several products out there that have several reviews. Are you beginning to secretly enjoy these flame wars?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
^^You forgot to mention that ThinkPad X300 also has built-in GPS and WWAN.
The Macbook Air beats X300 in the processor department only.
You forgot the fact that it is cheaper, thinner, has a better keyboard and has Mac OS X and the iLife suite. Not to mention the fact that it is the world's sexiest notebook.

Lenovo X300 Completely Rules the MacBook Air. Or Does It?

A rare outburst from Aayush. Unnecessarily rude, no? We were having a civil discussion here....
Yeah, well, when someone alleges that something like the MacBook Air is a copy of something like the Asus Eee, there's no much you can do to stop the knee-jerk outrage, specially in light of the already mind-numbingly stupid discussion you were already having with said person.

And save it saurav, MBA is for fanboys, and people who like to show off. Just like the iPod... the Creative Zen M threw the iPod out the window in every aspect, but fanboys and brand value just carried it to what it is today.

Let the fanboys and noobs go get their MBAs while we revel in the ability of being able to read DVDs.....
Oh, how wrong I was about you! Seriously, when I used to read your posts, I had a mindset that I'm reading a Windows user's posts who isn't a member of the herd. Now I'm not quite so sure...

Only the most ignorant people would fault the MacBook Air for not having an optical drive. It's an ultra-portable, for Christ's sake, and a damn good one at that. The best, in fact. An ultra-portable form factor can only be achieved by forgoing the optical drive. Look at the X300. It's thinnest post is as thick as the thickest point on the Air and the base model, even at $2,700 does not ship with an optical drive.

If you want an optical drive, get a MacBook. What's stopping you! The Air is for people who want an ultra-portable for surfing the web on the go, writing an article or two, reading an ebook and other such light tasks.

The only thing you can fault it for is the price and even that wouldn't really be justified because almost every (so called) ultra-portable I've seen till date has had a price point similar to the MBA's while having poorer specifications, smaller screens and cramped keyboards (not to mention the ugliness and the crappy software).

How can a person, who I thought was one of the rational ones around these parts, question an ultra-portable notebook's lack of an optical drive! I didn't see anyone complaining about it when mobile phones and tablet PCs ditched them. Heck, I didn't see anyone complaining even when other companies, like Sony, ditched them for their ultra-portables. You guys just seem to have some sort of problem with Apple and everything they make.

and @Aayush... If you're not a Mac fanboy
I am, and a self-confessed one at that. But that doesn't stop me criticising the company when they deserve it. Opinions differ, of course, and you might not feel they deserve it when I do and vice-versa.

how come this is the only review from PC world [or anywhere else AFAIK]?
I posted the first review I spotted. It's not my job to keep posting all the reviews. I did that only once when Leopard was released because I was completely enamoured with the operating system.

Look around. You might find a few negative reviews but most of them are overwhelmingly positive.

Are you beginning to secretly enjoy these flame wars?
I did, when I was under the delusion that I'm getting through to some people, because I wanted more people to see the light like I had. But not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom