Apple iTunes Store launched in India

Tech&ME

Banned
*i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t474/devyam/search/istore2.png

Music: Bollywood, Indian Pop, etc
The price is in Indian Rupees [ Rs ] and starts at Rs 12 per song.

The bit rate of the songs in the iTunes Store are 256Kbps AAC [ Advanced Audio Codec ]

- Apple iTunes Songs purchase has a advantage of automatic sync between all iDevices from Apple.

Movies: Bollywood, etc.

Buy or Rent Hindi Movies or any regional movies.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Awesome!
This was quite unexpected!

As far the song price I would say Rs.9 would be ideal.

NO ! Flipkart is selling mp3 songs which are converted to 320 kbps.

Apple is selling the Original Songs directly from the Song Company in AAC format [ Advanced Audio Codec ] in 256Kbps AAC.

All songs will match with the iTunes in the cloud service automatically.

Yes , Forgot to mention that.

You can BUY or RENT movies as well. :)

Cheers !

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Good news...

How the Movies Rent will work..I mean will the user download or Disc Copy will be given?

As soon as you RENT the movie from iTunes Store it will start downloading on your computer. You can watch this rented movie within 30 days. Once you click on the PLAY button you have 48 hours to complete the movie.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
As soon as you RENT the movie from iTunes Store it will start downloading on your computer. You can watch this rented movie within 30 days. Once you click on the PLAY button you have 48 hours to complete the movie.

Ok..after 30days what will happen?& 48hrs?

Flash

Lost in speed

Is that a one-time process?
Cant we watch multiple times, within the rented period?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yep, and the player keeps track of plays... this is not something new, podcasts have always worked like this and are configured to download new stuff and delete the already viewed/ listened to stuff automatically

you can watch the movie multiple times within the 48 hours of starting to play it, but not after

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Oh that means the movie file can only be played in itunes & not other players.

Welcome to DRM :) videos purchased on iTunes cannot be played in any other player. But you can play the music files in any player which supports AAC.

in the mean time.. I find the renting price as too high, Rs. 80 SD quality. there are other services which deliver original rental DVD to home !!

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Is that a one-time process?
Cant we watch multiple times, within the rented period?

In simple terms, it is a ONE-TIME process. Once PLAY is clicked, it ought to complete the 48 hours time limit, and the file gets deleted.

But, you can pause the movies in Windows 7 iTunes, and pick it up again on iPad or iPhone or Mac within the 48 hours.

If you have TataSky at home, showcase movies works the same way.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BTW.. for Other Music from upcoming artists I will still buy from band camp as the money goes directly to the artists. :)

Top Bottom