Apple gone crazy!! Removes numpad from default keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/8754/335410912300dt2.jpg
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/335410912300dt2.jpg/1/w300.png

This is the ugliest keyboard that I have ever seen in my life!!!

amitava82

MMO Addict
Probably because you have not SEEN that keyboard and mouse. I have bluetooth version of the same keyboard and mouse and these two pieces of hardware are slickest you can find.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ it costs f'ing 4k here and for that here's what I get:

And it maybe sleek but no, not at all worthy.

*www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=102&active_tab=systemRequirements

Switchable key pad
Flexible design, choose right side or left side configuration. Switch between standard key pad and macro pad in gaming mode.

Two-color adjustable backlighting dial
Keyboard keys are red, and key pad and Macro keys are amber in Game mode. Lighting dial adjusts the brightness of the keyboard and key pad.

Macro keys
Up to 30 programmable keys that can allow up to 90 programmable options with an assigned gaming profile.

Mode switching
Manually toggle the keyboard from standard mode to either of two gaming modes. LEDs show the selected mode.

Cruise Control
Use Cruise Control to continue an action without having to hold down the key or keys assigned to the action. You can use Cruise Control with up to four keys at a time.* (* Cruise Control does not work with programmable macro keys.)

In-game macro record button
Record any sequence of keystrokes—even standard chat messages. Macros are stored on your hard drive and can be easily shared.

Automatic profile switching
When a game or application profile is assigned using the software, the keyboard detects the game or application you are running and applies your custom profile to the application.

WASD gaming keys
Have front-face lighting for enhanced visibility.

Media keys
Play/Pause, Previous Track, Next Track, and Mute.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Never mind, I forgot about price factor which is everything for some... BTW, it's slick and unique. just for your reference:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/31949_oo7ip/keyboard2.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/31950_5kxf9/keyboard3.jpg
And just because a product is expensive does not mean it's crap, stupid or sucks. Get rid of that idea unless you are 16..

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Never mind, I forgot about price factor which is everything for some... BTW, it's slick and unique. just for your reference:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/31949_oo7ip/keyboard2.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/31950_5kxf9/keyboard3.jpg
And just because a product is expensive does not mean it's crap, stupid or sucks. Get rid of that idea unless you are 16..

Just because a product is 1mm thin doesn't mean that it's super product. Get rid of that idea unless you are 16 (months).

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^Have a question. Are you 16???

A keyboard with no numpad, no m/m keys, no macros, costs a bomb and if someone says to judge it only after using it, well, what can I say.

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
That's all you can come up with..? Dude stop ranting if you cant afford it. :lol:
Else why would you post it on Tech news section? it's not even a news.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and yeah, forget about using coz my TVSE mechanical keyboard is a 1000 times better than this crap and ugly one.

That's all you can come up with..? Dude stop ranting if you cant afford it. :lol:
Else why would you post it on Tech news section? it's not even a news.

Damn forgot that you are a fanboy. Okay. Okay. YOu wish. This is revolutionary, state-of-the-art, functionally unmatched keyboard that any company has ever produced.

Happy now?

PS: I haven't seen or used a Frontech and Tech-Com keyboards. They should be truly stunning products :)

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/8754/335410912300dt2.jpg
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/335410912300dt2.jpg/1/w300.png

Use it once and I am quite sure that you will take back your words about this being ugly. As for the numpad, I don't miss it since I've almost never used it on desktop keyboards too. I find using the standard num keys quite snappy. But for those who are used to the numpad, this keyboard is definitely not for them. It sure will be perceived as a bad design in that case.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ Desibond

The Microsoft Sidewinder keyboard is a gaming keyboard centered to the requirment of the gamers out there. Its not that good when it comes to long typing sessions.

Your TVS Mechanical keyboard is more suited for typing purpose.

My Zebronics flat keyboard is good for day to day use with some typing.

Conclusion : Everyone has there own choice of keyboard.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
i have a apple laptop but to be true i never used the num pad keys i use the basic form of the keyboard .. what so ever apple costs so much that i am fed up with its pricing but hey Rolls-Royce' dont come cheap huh ?

red_devil

Back!
looks nice enough..i've never wanted that huge number pad thing on the keyboard...always felt it unnecessarily increased the size of my keyboard [width wise]

Besides, number pad is more suitable for data entry stuff [like writing phone nos into excel sheet...(saw a lady do that when i'd given my bike for servicing :p)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom