APC UPS replace batteries or get New UPS?

Vyom93

Journeyman
you will get protction when the switch at the back of the inverter is in ups mode...
only voltage fluctuations...that is it goes to battery mode when low voltage like 180v and high voltage which is 265v...it will be clearly written in user manual
----
i have a 800va inverter amaron iace with stantubular 150ah and its 5-6 years old and still giving backup like a king and no restarts even if lights + tv(32" bravia, airtel hd, cordlessphone(gigaset)) + fans running....

inverters do have swithcing time and the lights will blink for a sec but computers and other smps based lights(LED lights) dont even flicker for a second(not seen till now its blinking when power goes off and comes back)

one time my mother used a mixi without telling me and i was at the pc and all other load was switched off(no load except pc and standby mode of tv and airtel hd and cordless phone)....mixi is 550w philips
the pc is fine...nothing happened

whats your psu? and inverter model?
pc restart during at time of power goes off is due to weak battery or inverter set in inverter mode other than ups mode

we have LED lights and 2x pc and security cam dvr @ our shop and 2x 2000va inverters and i have a very good experience with it...the most robust inverter design...can withstand 440v ac when the neutral cut at home or at transformer or wire cut at pole and i have experienced this too :)

i am having Corsair RM650 other spec in sign and my inverter is bajaj ivx 600 and i think its on inverter mode

and have to connected your pc directly to wall socket or with spike guard

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
i am having Corsair RM650 other spec in sign and my inverter is bajaj ivx 600 and i think its on inverter mode

and have to connected your pc directly to wall socket or with spike guard
put it in UPS mode
no spike guard...directly to wall socket.... have cx430v2...doesnt hum when power goes off but hums on mains power(very slightly) due to unclean power from electricity board

EDIT: YOURS IS A SQUARE WAVE INVERTER...

Vyom93

Journeyman
put it in UPS mode
no spike guard...directly to wall socket.... have cx430v2...doesnt hum when power goes off but hums on mains power(very slightly) due to unclean power from electricity board

EDIT: YOURS IS A SQUARE WAVE INVERTER...
thanks for help
Bought a APC BR1000G

I had done it earlier, it only works for a few times, then it starts causing issues again, this UPS is over 3yrs old, so I don't expect much from the battery anyway.

You were right :(

My UPS start giving problems again.

Suddenly backup time drops...
Current status as per Power Chute:
Charged: 95% (Charging)
Load: 96W
Backup time remaining: Just 10min :(

UPS is 1.5 years old...

Is battery dying??
Will it cover under warranty??

What should I do?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
You were right :(

My UPS start giving problems again.

Suddenly backup time drops...
Current status as per Power Chute:
Charged: 95% (Charging)
Load: 96W
Backup time remaining: Just 10min :(

UPS is 1.5 years old...

Is battery dying??
Will it cover under warranty??

What should I do?

I have 1x 1000va umax 2 battery
600va numeric x2, powercom x1, apc x1, matrix x1....

sold off to paper-boy
microtek 1000va x1 2 battery
800va x2 2 battery

now with inverters :), have a big list

i have that apc bx300 battery replaced 3 times in 2 months but still only 30 mins backup with 20Watt load(cctv dvr) so you see their quality....lost faith in them, now APC is a bad company imo, realllyyy bad

Inverters:
no-name x3
luminous 800va x1
luminous 1450va x1
amaron iace/ powerzen 800va x2
exide 850 x1
nixown 2000va solarx2

APC Engineer visited yesterday to check the UPS.He also found that backup time is very less.
Since battery was not available in stock, he told me that he will replace battery on Tuesday.

But all of a sudden, backup increases from 10 minutes to 44 min (for 100W).

What's going on?
Will APC engineer replace it with new battery or used battery? (Since warranty will expire in 3months)
What should I do?

- - - Updated - - -

2yrs if bought along ups, else 1yr if bought separately. APC of course.

It's along with UPS...

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
APC Engineer visited yesterday to check the UPS.He also found that backup time is very less.
Since battery was not available in stock, he told me that he will replace battery on Tuesday.

What's going on?
Will APC engineer replace it with new battery or used battery? (Since warranty will expire in 3months)
What should I do?

- - - Updated - - -

It's along with UPS...

insufficient charging

Indicator on UPS was showing fully charged.....So I don't think, it was insufficient charging...
And engineer too checked the UPS..

Should I be with the current battery or allow them to replace it?
Because if they replace it with new one,then it's better to allow them because only 3 months warranty is left

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Should I be with the current battery or allow them to replace it?
Because if they replace it with new one,then it's better to allow them because only 3 months warranty is left

replace...its free only BUT U WILL GET A REFURBISHED BATTERY, never a new one(replaced mine 3 times in a month, from buying

I thought I will be getting new battery but as you said they are giving refurbished one which you have replaced 3 times in a month...I am confused now..What to do...?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I am in a confusion need some urgent help in taking a decision
I have APC Back UPS RS-800 5-6 yr old UPS which from last yrs ago it gave me problem taht it was not able to take battery backup & making sound kat kat tak kat means going on battery even when the power supply is ON. I took it to APC they changed the battery but the problem still remained & had to replaced the internal relay+card costing approx 3500/-

2yrs it worked all fine I am having exactly the same problem now, went to APC they refused changing battery saying battery is fine its the relay & card again gone bad. Now I dont want to get it repaired.

Want to know is this kind of problem a regular issue with all UPS or APC?
What is causing this relay & card problem (APC say power fluctuation causing this, but in my apartment there is hardly any fluctuation only when power goes generator starts that time it often does fluctuate a bit)

Suggest me a new UPS 600-800VA (config is in signature)
APC or any other good company, I want to buy sine wave UPS since I changed my power supply which needs pure sine wave so I rather buy it this time.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Get APC 650va, your config given in your signature can easily be run with that till the generators kick in.

Top Bottom