Apc backups 650va problem

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Apc backups 650va problem...solved

I have APC 650VA bought on feb,2010.It was working fine until....

yesterday when i plugged it in wall socket(usually it remains unplugged when not in use) and just when i press the wall socket switch a continuous transfer sound between AC & BATTERY(click,clickclickclick,click,clickclick) comes up even before pressing the UPS SWITCH as if a heavy voltage fluctuation is happening . i immediately unplugged it & lit up a bulb, noticed fan spinning to see the fluctuation but saw nothing. Asked neighbour they also confirm me.

Then i plugged it again and that sound begins. Now i press the UPS switch which eventually from amber turns into green. sound is still generating but only a few.

I switched on the PC. By the time desktop appears the UPS sound stops completely and continues to serve without issue till i shutdown.Powerchute is clearly showing that my current load is 148w.

My 450vx power cable and monitor is attached to BELKIN power supply and BELKIN is attached to UPS.

Next morning I UNPLUGGED BELKIN from UPS first and plugged in APC without anything attached to it in wall socket. Immediately again the sound starts even before pressing the UPS switch.So my psu has nothing to do with it nor BELKIN is the issue.The sound subsidised again after turning on the PC.

Only 1 testing is left. i need to plug it in a different wall socket tonight.

What can be the problem?

Last edited:

Aanand

Journeyman
You may contact the customer care support of APC . Call to the number provided at their web site. The response is good. They will provide you a complaint number and send you the technician within 48 hours.

Call 1800-4254-877/272 or from mobile phone dial (your city code) 390 222 72
9:15AM-6:00PM (Monday-Thursday)
9:15AM-6:00PM (Friday)

or email: isbtech@apcc.com

Last edited:
OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Apc backups 650va problem....solved

Thanks for the info.

Problem solved.

That last test proved that my ups is working perfectly. I have plugged it in another wall socket in a different room. No annoying sound generates.
Therefore i need to change my wall socket.

Top Bottom