Anyone can solve this problem????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHETANBHALLA

Right off the assembly line
i am getting memory dump on my system when i add an additional 512 mb ram over the present 512 ram. mine is the 915gav motherboard. the motherboard is working fine. both the ram are working fine. i have also interchanged them in every way possible. if any1 out there can let me know the solution then please do respond or post here.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Please give more details which motherboard which ram. where are you putting the dimm ? I mean are you using one slot of each channel ? Two dimms have to be put in slot 0 of each channel check your motherboard manual for details.

anuraag_01

Broken In
first of all u should specify the problem correctly. is it that ur windows goes blue and u get an error message saying about that memory dump thing?? this is not a hardware problem and most probably it is ur windows installation that is to be blamed. i suggest one thing- "format C:" ...and reinstall windows.....that should get rid of the problem.
there can be other ways to tackle the problem, but i am not sure of em...so u get the point. if reinstalling windows is not anyproblem with u (as it is never for me...) then do it, and u will be a happy kid!

cooldip10

In the zone
make sure they have matched frequencies. Frequency of one RAM can differ from other. like 330 mhz or 400 mhz. At least worth a try :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
C

CHETANBHALLA

Right off the assembly line
problem continues

mine is the intels' 915gav motherboard not msi or any other. its intel chipset. ram is simtronics. i have put both the ram in slot 0 slot 1 and also interchanged it but the problem is still there and no i donot get any blue screens and there is no os problem. i have formatted thrice and done that. when i use the 512 ram only and remove the other0 there is no problem. it never gives me memory dump but once i put the other ram which ever it is.... i get memory dump. it just restarts and even if i disable the restart function then also it is the same. now if you have asolution then please post . it seams no one has solved this problem ????

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Put the memory modules in slot 0 and slot 3 that should work i checked up, the board is a dual mem channel one and this will solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom