Any way to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I have got Windows XP Home Edition(SP2). I want to hide icons, files and whatever I can on my PC. Any Free and Best Software for the purpose?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
You don't need any specific software if you are talking about basic hiding,

1. Select the folders or files you want to hide and right click.
2. Select properties.
3. Check Hidden option.
4. Open a folder and go to the Tools menu
5. Click on Folder options, go to the View tab and check "Don't show hidden files and folders" and press OK.
6. Done

If you are talking about encryption than Folder Lock or AxCrypt are good softwares.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Use the above method and to hide the Icon label, just rename the file and press: ALT + 1060, then you'll get a blank name....but just remember where you've created the file !!! :p

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
If you are talking about encryption than Folder Lock or AxCrypt are good softwares.[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys,

Are the Softwares mentioned above FREE COMPLETELY?

Rahim

Married!
You don't need any specific software if you are talking about basic hiding,

1. Select the folders or files you want to hide and right click.
2. Select properties.
3. Check Hidden option.
4. Open a folder and go to the Tools menu
5. Click on Folder options, go to the View tab and check "Don't show hidden files and folders" and press OK.
6. Done
This is a very weak solution.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Here is another one but not a freeware,

Folder latch - *www.folderlatch.com/folderlatch_setup.exe

Last edited:

mittyr

silentFOX
Why not make a "hidden drive" instead so no one will know its exist ??

Try "Truecrypt" (Free). Encryption level's too hard on this, am not saying its cannot be cracked just would take a few years and more, if you want, can add one more "hidden container" on that drive. ;-)

Rahim

Married!
^^ If it is so, you post your strongest solution.
You cant stomach the truth!!! Remember i dont use Windows,so cant comment on new softwares. I can change permissions in Linux and it can be done in Windows too. Windows user jump in.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
@kumarn_2004: First of all make sure what you are asking about...do you want to hide your files WITHOUT using any software's or you want to encrypt it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom