Any water-proof androids ?

atherq

Broken In
guys,

I am aware about the Motorola Defy (Defy+). are there any other androids available in india which are water-proof, dust proof ?

Do share if you know!

Thanks !

TheLetterD

Will Power
well it is but usually for the first month, when a product launches cuz of high demand the price drops very - very slowly
Plus most shop keepers want to sell out their Defy stock so that defy plus doesnt cannibalize it so they are trying to keep the price gap between the devices as large as possible!! So i recommend if a rugged mobile is what you need wait for 1- 1.5 months! The price will drop soon....
Plus keep checking adexmart.com regularly ... their pricing is usually good (well as compared to letsbuy and flipkart!)

OP
A

atherq

Broken In
Thanks all of u !
@LetterD : waiting for 1 month is not poss, i want to gift it to my cousin who is coming to meet me 2 weeks later.

@Sam: agreed !

@sach1000rt: SE active.. hmm dunno. may be out of budget.. > 15k

WolVish

Broken In
Xperia Active has got one unique technology - Wet finger tracking, which is a must if you are using it in rain. I have a defy and trust me it's water proof, but can't use the controls in water (or even with wet fingers :(), because all are soft buttons. Also Active has got 720p video recording and can sustain drop of 3 meter for 15 minutes under water compared to Defy's 1 meter and 30 min.

On the downside, it's a weird looking phone compared to mini-tablet design of defy, and has a poor screen resolution - 320x480.. :)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
On the downside, it's a weird looking phone compared to mini-tablet design of defy, and has a poor screen resolution - 320x480.. :)

Defy is & looks like a mobile :)

& resolution of Active is ok at 320X480. Galaxy Ace at 3.5" have the same resolution though it cost 6-7k less. also no use having a higher resolution in such a small screen.

Top Bottom