Any users of transcend Jetflash V10 Flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Today my friend gave his Transcend jetflash v10 8GB flash drive,
*www.transcendusa.com/Products/images/JetFlash/vseries/JFV10//360X310_JFV10.jpg
I was casually copying files into it and was surprised by the transfer speeds of that,stopped transfer and cross checked again,even then the write speeds were never below 20MB/s,did a benchmark and it showed the same.
Tried the same in some other PC and the results were quite fast.
I was planning to buy a Corsair Voyager GT,but came to know that they're not the same GT's(SLC) that were previously sold,the new GT's(MLC) are very slow and with write speeds below 10MB/s.
So when I was scratching my head as to which one to go for,this transcend one looks like a good deal,so want to confirm from any v10 users if the performance is same or this one is just an anomaly??
*img214.imageshack.us/img214/6194/transcendntfs.th.jpg

Last edited:

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
hi..sriharsha...

i am an happy user of V10 for the past 6 months.
this is my 5 pendrive and i have tested several brands till now. I can assurre you that V10 is real value for money. you can go ahead and get it.
Only problem is its loose casing. if kept carefully that wouldnot be a prob.

-SUDE

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hi..sriharsha...

i am an happy user of V10 for the past 6 months.
this is my 5 pendrive and i have tested several brands till now. I can assurre you that V10 is real value for money. you can go ahead and get it.
Only problem is its loose casing. if kept carefully that wouldnot be a prob.

-SUDE
Thank you Sude,that was assuring. What is the avg write speed you get???
Have you tested any 8GB one with higher write speeds,Corsairs looks like they're fooling around with customers with the GT name,So any other options other than V10.I'm currently using Sandisk cruzer Micro 2GB,So want to upgrade either to 8GB or 16GB,since moving files has been a problem:)).
I am looking at portable HDD option too,but it's not pocket-able and I don't want it to be a virus magnet so a Flash drive would be better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom