Any Software for repairing installshield installations exes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Fellows,

Many of a time, we download stuff off the net (many times huge in size) like games and software drivers that come as Installshield installation executables. for example, recently i purchased an nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 based card and to test its capabilities, downloaded the 72 mb demo of Dawn game listed in downloads section for FX 5200 cards on nVIDIA's site.
After downloading when i ran the exe file, it started extracting data and then stoped in between with error.:

The archieve is corrupt. Please download it again and verify its integrity.

I know its a CRC problem. I downloaded the file with Flashget in 4 days on a dialoup connection. The download size is perfect.

Do anyone know about any tool to mend these problems with installshield setups? I have tried a tool called winpack which uses popular command line utilities i3comp.exe, i5comp.exe and i6comp.exe to extract data from installshield's proprietry cab format, but they too cannot handle packed exe files. I had also tried Advanced Cab repairer, it failed (i tried it as winzip reports this file as a cabinet archieve).

Please help!

Sumti bhardwaj

swatkat

Technomancer
not much can be done about corrupt archives.....
try using different download location and different download manager like Download Express.....
also update ur Windows Installer for Win98/ME, Win2000/XP....

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Though I cannot guarantee results, try fixing the problem with Advanced ZIP Repairer

It can repair *.exe files also in most of the cases 8)

swatkat

Technomancer
kl_ravi said:
Though I cannot guarantee results, try fixing the problem with Advanced ZIP Repairer

It can repair *.exe files also in most of the cases 8)
yeah...even i thought of Advanced ZIP Repair, but he already tried using Advanced CAB Repair and some tool called WinPack which didnt yield any results, so i didnt mentioned it...also the demo version is capable of repaing only files of sizes below 3MB, and the file under consideration is of 72MB!....

Gaurav

In the zone
This is for sure that the file you have downloaded is corrupt all you can do is to download the demo again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom