Any serious gamers here... who earn from playin games

y do u play games

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ax!s-bret

Right off the assembly line
hi all.

wanna know the answer... the UT guy fnatic@play.. who is this. from blore?
and any others.. :?: :?:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Same was the case here till a few months back. But now with Game Box at Reliance WebWorld trying to change that, I have seen seing tournaments being conducted more regularly. My ultimate aim is to participate in the WCG 2005!

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
If I get the cahnce to be there, I would be competing in CS:S and NFSU2.

Don't know about the cash buddy. I don't think it has been announced yet. But you can be pretty sure that the package will be nice and fat!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mine is a pure fun element of the game and nothin else.....btw even if i earn some cash....i dun mind :wink:

Yea me too participated in some Gaming Fests but havent competed at big levels....Game....u know which one....the one and only one.....UT2K4 8) 8) Btw cody so what about hosting that Q3 server.....Bring it on :twisted: :twisted:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I agree that Gaming looses some of the fun when you start to compete on a Pro Level. When I was in the city finals of NFSU tournament here. I used to get that queesy, butterflies in the stomach feeling. Gaming was not so much of a relaxation then. But once you win, the feeling of actually beating a fellow competitor is as good as in any other competetive sport!

@allwyn: Well, I wont mind hosting one but I dont have a legal copy. If I host it, it would mean that those with the 1.32 Point Release versions wont be able to play. And I can host only after 11PM as thats when my free download times start. If all are game for it, then I am ready. But the best idea will be to simultaneoulsy jump into one of the already available servers.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well even i dun have the legal copy for now and forget about the point 1.32 relase patch out here cause i hardly patch the games if and if only a necessity arises :wink: and after 11:00 PM come on man....way too late.....make it morning shifts anything after 10:00 Am would do :p

Btw joining to already setup servers seems a good idea but then i dun suppose lotta ppl will be able to connect simultaneaously(depending on the servers limit of course).....but anyways lets just make a test round once and then find out what we are up against.....so who else is up for it :twisted:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Let me get my DataOne connection and I will host the server, although be warned that if you guys dont have the 1.32 Point Release, the server will automatically reject your incoming connection. I can downgrade to the 1.11 version, depending on the number of players. Of course, all of my multiplayer games are up for playing online the second I get my connection installed. :D Heck, considering how I have two more spare computers, I might as well host a dedicated server.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
enoonmai said:
Let me get my DataOne connection and I will host the server, although be warned that if you guys dont have the 1.32 Point Release, the server will automatically reject your incoming connection. I can downgrade to the 1.11 version, depending on the number of players. Of course, all of my multiplayer games are up for playing online the second I get my connection installed

And when are u exactly planning to get this connection in near future prof.....make it as per IST :lol:
And yup it would definetly mean a downgrade for u as count me out on 1.32 point release i.e unless i figure out a way to get it hooked up with my Q3 8) So that means we wait right??????

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
My DataOne connection should be up and running within this week or early next week, depending on how fast they give out the connections around here. Oh well, if everyone has only the v1.11 PR, then I will have to definitely downgrade, but downgrading UT2004 is out of the question. I can however install a lower versioned UT2004 on another box and run a dedicated server via ucc.exe. :D And yes, we wait at least a week and then I will put up my IP address online and keep it updated with ezDNS, so that unless there's a power outage, anyone can login to the server and play at any time. (Of course, I will host different maps and gametypes, so that shouldn't be a problem too)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, might as well take advantage of the uncapped connections DataOne is giving out until June. :lol: I already have Q3A, RtCW:ET and UT2004 as dedicated servers on a LAN here, so pushing it out to the Internet shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I am worried about is about the UT2004 hacks and the Q3A cheating that can happen since the hack detection for UT2004 and PunkBuster for Q3A wouldn't be enabled because of the downgrades. :( Oh well, I guess thats a risk that we will have to take. :D Rest assured, the second I get it up and running, the IP address will be sent out.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Thats great Prof! I am already dreaming of the old days! But offcourse, now that you will be hosting it, it seems I will be the one who will be jumping like a monkey! Revenge is sweet, ain't it Prof? :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hmmm....so its UT2K4 and Q3 both up for grabs ehhhh.....well then i as well must get my Ut2k4 up and runnin.....anyways one week is enough.....also do u wanna consider adding a bot may be???? :eek: or is it just the "Human-Free-for-all-Kick-A$$" tournament????
Anyways Go for it prof....we'll just back ur tail up :wink:

@cody...umm....well since u have already considered jumping like a monkey so that means ur frag is mine right :lol: or do u have some monkey tricks up ur sleeve :?

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I am like a Pro Gammer but never took part in any tournment which envolved money as it never took place nearby, but I have taken part and won in some non money envolved tournment.

OP
A

Ax!s-bret

Right off the assembly line
that was quite a response. :)

okay if u guys are in chennai and want to participate in some tournaments come to ZAP in Adyar near traffic jam hotel... www.zapinternet.com

there are regular counter-strike tournaments held at this place for some decent cash prizes... gaming is the religion in south chennai to be specific.

and FOR UT the HQ has been banglore cozz the national champ is from banglore.. and u have XCg and GAME space ,edge and 1 or 2 more gaming cafes where tournaments are geld regularly in b'lore..

MUMBAI is the HQ for counter-strike.. many good clans are from mumbai and the national champs too.. so if u are in mumbai check out game space,skirmish and few more....

quake is mostly dead in the competivie gamin scene in india... but check out
www.kawabonka.com
www.frag-shack.com for quake servers ... that will quench your thirst

WCG is held in various cities and there are no PRIZES.!!!
if u win in ur city u goto the national finals at mumbai.. then if u win there u goto singapore this year!!! where the FINALS of WCG will take place.

www.worldcybergames.org

and we are expectin ESCW and CPL to come this year to india...
apart from this major tournaments, guys in mumbai and b'lore host a number of tournaments in a regular basis with a cash prize upto 1LAKH.
for all those updates check the sites i gave u regularly...

if u have been playin games for fun and if u wanna to compete in a more PRO type... u better start searchin for the cafes i mentioned ....

FRAG ON>>>>> e-sports is takin over all other sports...... :lol:
give me some feedback//
thanx for digit forums

CyCo

In the zone
i play cs and have been doin so for a long time ...

finally got a clan together in pune ...

we goto coll tournaments .. they are quite decent with prizes upto 5 grand ... so gives u enuff pocket money like a grand or 2 a month .... and if u r good enuff for serious competition then the company sponsored tournaments like reliance and microsofts war of a million (i play AOE 2) give u a chance 2 .....

Slam Team

Journeyman
Yo Dude.. U should have put up another option.. I play it for fun & money both... I competed in the Unreal Tournament 2004 Competition held in the sify and was on the 12th position in the finals.. (Bloodsucka) Check out the winners list.. .. and I am proud to say that the one who came first (Tribal a.k.a Harsha) is from Hyderabad.. Lookin forward for other tournaments... I would be interested if Games like NFS:U2, CS, are held in internet cafes or Reliance Webworlds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom