Any means to use Nokia 5230 as a web-cam in a XP SP3 computer to record videos?

medini

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone!

I have a Nokia 5230 running S60 OS V 51.0.002

I was wondering if I could use it as a web-cam (having capabilities to record videos)in my Windows XP Pro SP3 laptop. Did anyone of you guys ever tried this successfully? Specially the video recording part. I need the video recording feature to be there while using this set-up.

Here is what I was able to find :

1. Mobiola, a software that gives me all the things that I was asking for. Unfortunately, the video quality is un-imaginably bad while using this software. And sometimes, it does not detect the COM10 port which is used as the Nokia 5230 Serial Communication port in my XP SP3 computer.

2. EpocCam Pro, another nice software allowing you to use your phone as a web-cam. But, unfortunately, I could not figure out how to record videos using this software.

I could use my phone as a web-cam in chat applications like Skype, Windows Live Messenger etc while using both these softwares. But, I did not get any options to record videos.

I know, I could record video using the phone and then transfer it over to my computer. But, that is not what I am trying to accomplish. Anyone with any further knowledge or resources on this - please help me out here!

Thank you so much for reading this!

Top Bottom