ANY K700i USERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
It cant be turned off..only a few firmware verions9the US ones0 had dat option without sound...rest have that sound....as there is some law in Japan( i may be guessing here) that camera fones shud let oders know der pic is being taken..so hard luck..the latest firmware still has dat sound ON!

PinKLip

Broken In
Jatin_T said:
Maybe ur USB port may be having a problem..but i guess the dongle works wid usb 1.1 as well as 2.0

Check if the dongle is indeed working..and dont install bluesoliel drivers..let Windows XP SP2 install it auomatically...

Yes Jatin_T, u r right. there is something wrong with my USB port. I donot know how to solve it :(

sanzay

Broken In
i lso faced d same problem.While the Fujitech dongle worked fine in my USB d bluesolil dongle was detected as some "unknown device" while it worked fine in another machine.
I guess it was bcoz I had USB 1.1 drivers.....and d bluesolil is USB 2.0 compliant.

Minimalistix

I'm back!
@PinKLip

In most cases, any BT dongle can be used with any BT software to communicate with any* BT device.

*Provided the device has support for the required BT profile.

Almost all USB 2.0 Compliant devices support older USB 1.1 standard too (unless stated otherwise). So, I don't think it's a compatibility issue.

Try this: (order of steps is important)

1. Disconnect your BT dongle.

2. Uninstall all BT softwares. BlueSoleil, Float Mobile... etc.

3. Uninstall any remaining USB related devices in Device Manager under "Bluetooth USb", "Human Interface Devices", "Network Adapters", "Ports", "Sound, Video ...". In most cases, when we uninstall BT software that came with the BT dongle these are uninstalled automatically.

4. Restart PC and Install *"the software that came with"* yout BT dongle. If you didn't recieve any, you can install BlueSoleil. That's what I use with my K700i without any problems.

5. While installing BlueSoleil you may observe that dialogs are being dismissed automatically. That's normal. If you get a dialog that says something like "This driver has not passed Windows test..." install it anyway.

6. Though not necessary I would recommend that you restart your PC here.

7. You'll see a "Network cable unplugged" icon in your System Tray. Start BlueSoleil. When it says "Please insert a Bluetooth device" insert your BT dongle.

8. At this time XP will also detect your BT dongle and ask you to install drivers for it. Click on "Automatically install drivers..." and since you have BlueSoleil already installed, XP will find all the drivers automatically from system directories.

9. BlueSoleil's icon will turn blue in color and "Local Area Connection" icon with a "Red X" will dissappear.

10. That's it. Your Bluetooth is installed now! :)

Now just pair your K700i with your PC and transfer your top 10 Mp3s on to it.

Why? Because the sound quality with the bundled Sony's stereo earphones rock!! ;)

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Yeah man..i guess Bluesoliel wil work like dat..but for floats mobile agent or my Phon explore to work..it generally requires Windows XP drivers..not bluesoliel ones...i cant get My Phone explorer to work wid Bluwsoliel ones..so use Windows Xp ones!

Minimalistix

I'm back!
Does anyone know how long flashing a K700i with the latest firmware will take at the service center?

I'm kinda uncomfortable with leaving my cellphone with them for a day.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
It shudnt take aday..u can also do it at home..from the sony website..oh u cant it seems..u need some other product..take a look here...maybe the service center guys use dis..
*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1&zone=ps
Neways..chek ur firmware version as shown here
*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=66330
Mines the latest..got the fone abt 6 months back..c if u indeed need a firmware upgrade!

Minimalistix

I'm back!
Jatin Yaar! I already know this stuff!!

Since, I just bought my K700i this March, my firmware is the old R2CA001. I'll update it to R2AY004.

I know that Service Centres uses special equipment, cable and software to flash a mobile.

What I don't know is how long flashing a mobile device actually takes?

Anyone, have any idea?

PinKLip

Broken In
Minimalistix said:
Jatin Yaar! I already know this stuff!!

Since, I just bought my K700i this March, my firmware is the old R2CA001. I'll update it to R2AY004.

I know that Service Centres uses special equipment, cable and software to flash a mobile.

What I don't know is how long flashing a mobile device actually takes?

Anyone, have any idea?

Hi Minimalistix, My firmware is too R2CA001, Is it really old ???
I donot think . It is released in nov/dec 2005, but R2AY004 is released in may/jun 2005.
Alos have a look here---------
*www.sonyericsson-man.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

BTW i brought my set in Jan2006

Minimalistix

I'm back!
Hey PinKLip,

You're correct mate!

R2CA001 is the latest firmware for K700i and we already have it :) 'coz we bought our cellphones after its release. I bought mine this March.

I got it confused with the older R2C ones 'coz I read in a review online that K700i supports "Timed Profiles" which this firmware doesn't support. :( So, I thought may be it's not the latest one.

It's a very cool feature!
I don't understand, why the hell SE removed it?

By the way, is your Bluetooth working fine now?

And thanks man! You just saved me from making a trip to the Service Centre.

PinKLip

Broken In
My Bluetooth is playing hide-n-sick with me :( ,sometime get connected sometime not.
I use infra :cry: :cry:
I am planning to upgrade my pc,

Minimalistix

I'm back!
Using Infra!! Holy Cow!
Transferring data must be taking ages, mate!

Anyway, here's a tip!

When your PC refuses to detect your K700i, just remove your Bluetooth dongle, re-insert and try again.

I don't know why but it works for me!! :)

Adhip007

Journeyman
My K700i can only store 60 smses, How can i increase it?
My firmware verson is R2AY004,
prgCXC125821_EU_1_C.
I dont have data cable can I upgrade firmwire through BT?

Adhip

PinKLip

Broken In
Adhip007 said:
My K700i can only store 60 smses, How can i increase it?
My firmware verson is R2AY004,
prgCXC125821_EU_1_C.
I dont have data cable can I upgrade firmwire through BT?

Adhip

U will need DSS-25 Deskstand,
BroadBand internet connection --------
See here
*tinyurl.com/p6aru
But, the best way go to your nearest service centre ---upgrad it
It is free within the period of warrenty

masterasmit

Broken In
u cannt

royal said:
hello,

I have been using one myself for the past 6 months and I want to know how to turn off that silly sound when u take a pic in the camera :evil:

thats the beauty of this phone and u cannt stop that noise. its the sound from the camera and amuse me a lot.very proud of being a owner of this phone.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I read on net that this sound could be Mutes either by changing the profile to "Meeting" or by setting the phone into "Silent" mode!

But the worst part is that it was possible in an older s/w version, the new versions doesnt allow it!

babuli_05

Broken In
PinKLip said:
I am too having K700i.
Really a gr8 phone. I want to know which BT dongle can be use with it.
Thanks...........
i used techcom dongle&it works super.also i used some other but some problem occures.so u may try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom