ANY K700i USERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys i have this gr8 SE phone from SE stable.I dont know how to protect this phone from dust .Can anyone plz tell me is there any cover available for this phone?

Minimalistix

I'm back!
None`

Hi there,

I bought this cellphone just 2 days ago and it rocks man!!

I suggest don't go for any covers... it will overheat the cellphone and reduce battery life and we need that for listening mp3s and radio!! :)

But I haven't removed the protection film on the screen though. It really protects that absolutely stunning TFT screen from any scratches and my fingerprints.

Hey, I wanna ask you something. Go to Message Alert settings and play the "Click" sound just below "No Sound". I hear a pop sound before the click sound. My Speakerphone always makes a slight pop sound before playing anything... be it mp3 or midi ringtone or radio. Can you tell me if that's the case with you too?

If that's not normal I'll get my K700i changed... Just bought it 2 days ago!!

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
a K700i user here as well
about the protection i bought myself one of those covers wit ha zipper
but it dint stay properly coudnt use the joystick properly
the camera lens got obstructed
so stopped using the cover
i too have kept the plastic protection on the screen

about the click part i everybody gets it
read somwhere on the boards
it was Ujwal i guess he too was annoyed with this
iam too getting it
a friend of mine staying in the same building as mine too has a k700i he too gets this
so i dont think there is any problem with the phone

aadipa

Padawan
no idea about that click/pop sound problem, which firmware are you people with?

Code:
To find out which firmware revision your phone currently has installed, perform the following: 

>*<<*<* 

Where < and > represents pushing the joystick left and right respectively.

Have a look at K700 firmware versions

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
try the new crystal cover case available at many mobile shops
costs 45-55..i just got one for my mom...
it protects a lot and also has heat dispensers..

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Theer are silicon as well as Crystal covers avalable for the phone..altho i dont like covers very much..so dont use it much..and i recently had a bike accident..so its too damaged now anyways for me to think about covering it.

BTW, the silicon covers do feel a bit odd..havent seen anyone using the crystal cover..do try them and tell ur opinion!

sav_more

Journeyman
hey there!
dis is one more k700i user.awsome phone i must say.great price great performance.i was just wondering, what if da headphones get spoilt,say in an accident.well, i've just had one and da headphones are smashed.luckily da phone is safe xcept for a few scratches.does anyone know if i can get new headphones.just need da price.if anyone knows please help.can i use da ones
provided with w800i or other walkman phones.

thanks. :)

and bout da click problem.no unwanted sounds here.firmware R2AY004.

paul_007

Padawan
hey guys can u tell me how many mp3 can u store in ur cellphones and does it support real media format?

is K700 better than motorola E398

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
firmware R2AY004 here as well
well dont find it annoying at all
sometimes i hear it sometimes i dont

anyways i too would like to try out what sav_more says
havent actually handled one of those walkman phones
but in the print ads i see the headphones hooked up the same way we do on the k700i
anybody having a walkman phone could tell us about htis

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Paul..the k700i leaves the E398 far behind..in menu speed as well as sound quality..E398 had a very bad camera and video capacities!

I can store abt 12 mp3s..compressed to 44 kbps..since it doesnt affect quality much...
And the FM radio is good too.i chang my songs almost daily..so dat i can play in college lects!!

sav_more

Journeyman
for songs, i recomend aac format.convert using itunes.for best results,use 64kbps@48000 khz.if beats dont matter much(old hindi songs),use 32kbps@44000khz. my phone has bout 17 songs excellent quality.many pics.no videos.

about da headphones,can anyone help please.can i use walkman brand headphones.some have 20mm jacks i think.xcluding those.anyothers...

aadipa

Padawan
No, you cannot use headphones (any accessories) that comes with Walkman phones (W800i, W550i) with older phones like, K700i, K500i, K300i, T630, T610. But you can use theme with K750i as the port is same.

sav_more

Journeyman
what bout the cost of k700i headphones.i tried googling,but nothing about the cost.can anyone help.

PinKLip

Broken In
I am too having K700i.
Really a gr8 phone. I want to know which BT dongle can be use with it.
Thanks...........

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You can use any bt dongle with it. You just need the right software for file transfers and I guess Float's Mobile Agent will do the needful.

PinKLip

Broken In
I had tried Bluesoleil BT dongle, but :cry: ,my BT is recognised as unknown usb device , I am on winXP SP2,But the BT worked in my bros PC , my k700i also detected nicely there , I tried Float's Mobile Agent and My Phone Explorer. thanks

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Maybe ur USB port may be having a problem..but i guess the dongle works wid usb 1.1 as well as 2.0

Check if the dongle is indeed working..and dont install bluesoliel drivers..let Windows XP SP2 install it auomatically...

royal

Padawan
hello,

I have been using one myself for the past 6 months and I want to know how to turn off that silly sound when u take a pic in the camera :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom