Any iPhone 4S Buyers here, as of now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsk11584

Journeyman
i have used iris and also siri on iphone 4s (my sis has iphone 4S , she bought from US, 200$ with contract)

siri has problems with indian accent and in US you have unlimited data plans compulsary whereas in india many people are not still comfortable with data plans... you can still find lot of android , iphone users using phones without data plans, and using internet on wifi only,, still i dont feel anything special about iphones, but something must be there special about iphones which i will come to know only after using it for some time..
now trying to jailbreak . unlock iphone 3g so that i can use with my airtel.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
You'd have to roam around in a personal phone booth to have voice recognition work perfectly on the crowed streets on India :p

Agree 100% I tried it at a store where there were other customers along with me enquiring about other products so obviously there was some background noise had it been a little quiet place the words that I said it missed, it would have got it.So the bottom line is you have to find a quieter place, as someone has pointed out a phone booth :mrgreen:

I mean what I meant was you have to be louder for it to understand and pick up what you are saying that too if you have an foreign accent (For it being a one, Indian) had I been louder maybe it would have picked up the words that it missed.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Android has Speaktoit Assistant, which is excellent... but not very useful... I wonder for how long people would fancy Siri... It misses a lot of words, even Indian names or places are not recognized... you have a hard time using the functionality.

There will be fanboys who would fall for this expensive device which is not a value proposition at all... You money is better spent with Android or WP7 devices...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO Speaktoit Assistant is Rubbish !!
IMO Siri (+ similar gimmicks) and this thread is rubbish.

Locked as the thread isn't going anywhere at the moment. Circular discussions.

PM me if someone buys iPhone 4S and wants to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom