Any free alternative to Ms word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Well, i've got projects to do and I've got a new computer without MS office.Since I don't wanna use pirated MS word, I need your suggestions for a better alternative.

Features needed : Should be compact,free and a good alternative. (Portability is preferred due to CRAP internet with a cap :( )

Suggestions

Open Office
or Star office

*portableapps.com/apps

Check this site
For portable versions [Free open source] of many apps like notepad, Openoffice firefox etc

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I don't want a WHOLE package lol. Like only word processor.(and a powerpoint like software for future projects )

My actual question was meant to be :

Like see if I select all from any site and paste in word, the images+text gets copied, but with any other,only the text gets copied.Is there any other PORTABLE(small) alternative to Ms word which supports pasting text+images from a website?

I don't want a WHOLE package lol. Like only word processor.(and a powerpoint like software for future projects )

My actual question was meant to be :

Like see if I select all from any site and paste in word, the images+text gets copied, but with any other,only the text gets copied.Is there any other PORTABLE(small) alternative to Ms word which supports pasting text+images from a website?

Search Previous Link i provided for Abi word portable
a lightweight word processor compatible with Microsoft Word files

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Hey i've used Abi word portable but that too doesn't support pasting text+images from websites.It's really an annoyance because I have a lot of projects coming up and I haven't started them yet.I have to paste all images,tables,diagrams manually.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I'll suggest using Google Docs, all online and even saves to a few good formats.

Other than that, try Jarte.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i would recommend abiword despite of its limitation... if u are not a pro user.
otherwise openoffice.

-SUDE

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Thats what I said.Abi word doesn't allow me to paste image+text from the net.Thats a feature I can't compromise.And my bandwidth is **** so I dont need a package, only a word processor.

Btw, Is Open office better than MS office?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom