• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Any free alternative to Ms word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Well, i've got projects to do and I've got a new computer without MS office.Since I don't wanna use pirated MS word, I need your suggestions for a better alternative.

Features needed : Should be compact,free and a good alternative. (Portability is preferred due to CRAP internet with a cap :( )

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I don't want a WHOLE package lol. Like only word processor.(and a powerpoint like software for future projects )

My actual question was meant to be :

Like see if I select all from any site and paste in word, the images+text gets copied, but with any other,only the text gets copied.Is there any other PORTABLE(small) alternative to Ms word which supports pasting text+images from a website?

I don't want a WHOLE package lol. Like only word processor.(and a powerpoint like software for future projects )

My actual question was meant to be :

Like see if I select all from any site and paste in word, the images+text gets copied, but with any other,only the text gets copied.Is there any other PORTABLE(small) alternative to Ms word which supports pasting text+images from a website?

Search Previous Link i provided for Abi word portable
a lightweight word processor compatible with Microsoft Word files

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Hey i've used Abi word portable but that too doesn't support pasting text+images from websites.It's really an annoyance because I have a lot of projects coming up and I haven't started them yet.I have to paste all images,tables,diagrams manually.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i would recommend abiword despite of its limitation... if u are not a pro user.
otherwise openoffice.

-SUDE

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Thats what I said.Abi word doesn't allow me to paste image+text from the net.Thats a feature I can't compromise.And my bandwidth is **** so I dont need a package, only a word processor.

Btw, Is Open office better than MS office?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom