any case of LCD screen damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2K

In the Zone
Recently i read somewhere that if u keep the brightness of the laptop LCD or those desktop LCD screens toooo high it will get damaged......it was written that if the brightness is set to its maximum and being used for a extented period of time then the LED of the screeen will get damaged thereby rendering the screen useless...:roll:

is this true???:confused::confused:....i am really worried as i set the screen brightness of my laptop to its maximum when i use it:(:(:(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well..

THe one thing u (might) hv missed out on is tat if the page (Wich u are viewing currently on ur screen) is being left as it is for longer times like say 3-4 hrs and wich will create a sort of watermark/faint image of it on the screen.. :)

Apart from tat, i hv never heard of any such reasons y u wud get a damaged screen.. :) So wen u are not using ur scrren, either switch it off or use a screen saver..

OP
R2K

R2K

In the Zone
so u mean there is no connection between screen brightness and its damage...

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Not sure abt the increased brightness on the life of lcd,but high brightness is definitely bad for ur eyes(manufactures default values r too high)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom