Antivirus for N70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Use "avira". I also using it. Find himself best antivirus for real time protection on symbian s60.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
No need at all. Just block BT connections from unknown devices & you are safe.
As a precaution scan the sis files on pc using a good antivirus & then install them on your phone.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
No need at all.
Now a days due to rapidly changing technology, the aria of viruses are increases also very rapidly. Now the virus are doing infected only PC but also other hand held devices.
In which:
*windows mobile
*Symbian OS
are two major platform.
we can not take risk. because data and contacts etc are very important for all.
So i think it is very important to protect your Mobile with anti virus.

Just block BT connections from unknown devices & you are safe.
Just blocking bluetooth can not make you safe. There are a lot of arias:
*internet
* new sis or sisx installation.
The major cause of infection of testing and installation of newest unknown publisher and cracked sis or sis or jar files.

As a precaution scan the sis files on pc using a good antivirus & then install them on your phone.

Keep in mind PC antivirus can not protect you all in the case of sis or sisx file scaning. it may be possible that some anvirus have the capability to check those files but major antivirus do not have the capability to catch symbian plateforn viruses.
Their definitions are targeted to mostly for PC viruses.
Therefore is will be better to install and update a good antivirus on your mobile also.
Because a well famous phrase: Prevention is better than cure.
The best example to check this file on PC then with an updated Avira Symbian antivirus i catch a malware.
You can also test it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^ You are right, but I haven't been infected by a single virus till date. I have been using symbian for close to three years now. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
actually i want to surf net .

Personally I wouldn't still recommend you to install an AV on your mobile. I too have been using GPRS on my Nokia 3230(s60 v2) and Nokia 5700 (s60 v3). Haven't infected till date. Just be sure about the content you are downloading, download from legitimate sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom