Anti-Piracy Laws!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg_3000

Broken In
Guys, I have always wondered abt the Anti-Piracy Laws in India.. I hav so many Questions for which i dunno the answers.. So, i would be happy if u could enlighten me on these..

Is it a crime to use pirated softwares in India? If so, what is the punishment? Who's the authority to verify it?

Say, If a person uses a pirated version of Windows, what can Microsoft do if it comes to know about it? What happens if Microsoft comes to know about a PC Assembler who Installs Illegal Versions of Windows for his Customers?

Does Microsoft (or any organisation for that matter) has the authority to check if u run a legal software or not at ur home? Or Does the police or any other body has the authority 2 do it?

In India has someone ever faced with any fine or punishment or law suit for using pirated software?

What are the Anti-Piracy Laws in india 2day? How about the U.S.?

Pocessing other illegal media content like illegal songs, movies and stuff, are they considered a crime under law?

Ha.. I hav been wanting all these to somebody for a long time now!!!! PEACE!!

anandk

Distinguished Member
there r laws, u cant use pirated sw, u cant distribute it too. ya, any co if it gets info, can chek ur sw will appropriate papers/searchwarrants. using any intellectual content is a crime. ya but we do watch movies on the cable and listen to songs taped from a friend, dont we...that too...so where do we draw a line ??? implementation of the law is non-existant...well almost !

google for anti-piracy laws in India if u want more.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I heard it from my friend, that MS has declared that even if they find that you are using a pirated windows, they will not be calling the cops, but will use other methods like popup windows at bootup saying that your windows is illegal and stuff like that. But the extent of piracy is too big to call the cops everytime.

Aditya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom