Anti-glare glasses for monitor ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
I had recently bought anti-glare glass for my monitor, so that my eyes are not strained, i just wanted to know how effective it is??
Attached to the glass is a small wire that sneeks out and i am supposed to ground it, what does that mean? how do i ground it?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes it is effective , My eyes stoped burning after i used one.

Yes you have to ground the wire, it is useful as it removes the static charge from the monitor.

linardni

Journeyman
its quite effective. just keep the metallic Y-shaped free end of the wire touching the floor & u will have it grounded.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Antiglare-Reduces glare and reflections from nearby light by up to 95%. Antiradiation-Conductive coatings and ground wire help to dissipate ELF/VLF E-Field([SIZE=-1]Electromagnetic radiation produced by computer monitors, measured as Extra Low and Very Low Frequency[/SIZE]) radiation by 99.9% when properly grounded. All this can do wonders to minimize straining of the eye.

[FONT=arial,]Also, take care that using cleaners that contain an acid, alcohol, or alkaline detergent, thinner, benzene, abrasive powders, or antistatic agents can permanently damage your display. Monitors and LCDs should never be cleaned with products containing ammonia. General cleaning fluids are not safe for cleaning monitors.[/FONT]

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman
Is it fine to connect it to the furniture (with sun mica)?
My Wire is not long enough to be able to touch the ground.

mkmkmk

In the zone
suggest me Branded Anti glare screen,,,,,,,

so many in market and quite cheap too,,,,,

how to choose ,,,,,,,

any good brand name ,,,,,,,,,

manoj

godsownman

Padawan
3M is a very good brand and is quite effective too.

BTW , what happens if you haven't grounded it ? Does it become useless ?

Last edited:
OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman
godsownman said:
3M is a very good brand and is quite effective too.

BTW , what happens if you haven't grounded it ? Does it become useless ?

Ya it does become useless, bcoz it wont work as AntiStatic and Anti- Radiator which are most imp.
But still eyes are Protected well comparatively( without Glasses) even when its not grounded.

godsownman

Padawan
Can somebody please tell me where the wire is exactly connected on the screen as I accidentaly yanked it off some months ago , thinking it was useless :(

Last edited:
OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman
godsownman said:
Can somebody please tell me where the wire is exactly connected on the screen as I accidentaly yanked it off some months ago , thinking it was useless :(

Just connect one end of the wire to the glasses, stick it properly and ground the other end

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks for that. I am re-asking the question you had asked will it be fine if I touch the wire to a wooden table. ( I think it should do as wood is a bad conductor, just like the ground).

I have too many wires and I dont want to have another one hanging around me desk :).

Thanks

ashfame

Padawan
Just don't wanna start a new thread, SO
Three Questions:
1. I have my monitor with a anti-glare screen fitted inside.
I can continue working for several hrs (approx6-8) without strain on my eyes.
But i have anti-glare glasses also & when i wear them while using my PC, it just strains my eyes within a few minutes.
What is the problem?
2. I have nothing coming out of my monitor, then how it is grounded?
3. What cleaner can i used to clean my screen.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
I have new syncmaster 798mb plus , it has antiglare, antistatic coating on the scree. as i can feel there are no static charges on screen. Is still there is need to use a antiglare sscreen, BTW i dont sit on pc for more than 2hrs.

godsownman

Padawan
3m is a good company , reputed one . I dont know the price . May be a little more than the rest but still the best !

hello guys
can u tell me what's the price up fpr these glasses.
there r 2 types of glasses
1.that fits on monitor's screen
2.that fits on our eyes.
which 1 is more suitable. kindly tell me.

nix

3M is expensive. I enquired the prices around 2 yrs ago and one dealer says it costs 900 Rs. so i bought the an antiglare screen called florida. it looks cheap and it is when compared to 3M. geez, i threw the wire off it too! i mean, i removed the wire from the frame itself. do i need to buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom