Antec Cobra cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz , i just checked these cables out on the antec website and i want to know if its worth buying them ?

*www.antecindia.com/pro_cobra_cables.html

i want to confirm if these cables can be used to connect normal ide devices such as cd/dvd/cdrw readers .... they are a good buy as they will decrease the space occupied by those thick ide cables ... just want to know if they are worth the price and if they dont have any problems... i got the price for the ata 133 cable to be around 1k. is it worth it ?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
They are sure worth the price firstly they will not hinder the air flow and secondly they are shielded thus prevent signal distortion on the ide data bus. My suggestion go for it.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@pradeep_chauhan
hey buddy will these cables work without any problem with current cd roms and writers ? also i dont understand how come they managed to slim down the size so much .... :shock:

rohanbee

Padawan
Good find...........i visited this site before but never saw these. Have you ordered for yourself already. Quite interesting as the space in my cabinet is already jam packed the heat generated by my prescott processor is not dissapating from the cabinet because of a lot of clutter.
The site is quoting at Rs.1210/- anyone bought it at a better price?

theraven

Technomancer
they are just standard ide cables
they will work witha ll ur present hardware
they thin it down cuz instead of keepin a flat line of wires they take then individually and wrap it around
u can make urself a cobra cable at home
its very simple
tho the shielding u wont get

these cobra cables perform better than the normal ide cables but for most of us that wont make a diff
hence a DIY cobra cable should be sufficient for most

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@rohanbee
no buddy havent yet bought them .... but planning to do real soon. even i am using a prescott and i want a well ventilated cabinet without the usual clutter. i am planning to discard my floppy drive also for the same reason.

thanx for the info guyz.

rohanbee

Padawan
theraven said:
they are just standard ide cables
they will work witha ll ur present hardware
they thin it down cuz instead of keepin a flat line of wires they take then individually and wrap it around
u can make urself a cobra cable at home
its very simple
tho the shielding u wont get

these cobra cables perform better than the normal ide cables but for most of us that wont make a diff
hence a DIY cobra cable should be sufficient for most

But in a DIY ide cable how do i provide the shielding. Tell a method if possible. Because unless there is a major diff to spend above 1k on a cable seems quite useless.

[flAsh]

In the zone
yeah right Raven
They r just standard ide cables which hav been wrapped up to look thin
Even U can make ur ide cable slim ur self
all u need is a little courage, ablade and a good looking adhesive tape tape. They won't increase or decrease performance any how

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
yeah! better get some Coolermaster fans for 300 bux each..! Now they just MIGHT b able to cool ur Prescotts!! heh heh..! Or get a better HSF.. !

theraven

Technomancer
they do perform slightly better than normal ide cables but its not worth it IMO
like i already said ... DIY !
wrap it up with some insulating tape
or use any material u want to tape it up
use neon paint if u have UV lightin
u can do a lot more urself than what u can with ready made
u just need to want to experiment

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Even i'm gonna experiment today! :) Thanks for your tips everybody and thanks to krishnathelord for confirmaing the fact to everybody that this setup works

rohanbee

Padawan
well Raven you have started a new trend now.........everyone will be messing around with their wires. Please don't get electrocuted ppl.

rohanbee

Padawan
This is probably some long lost cousin of Antec and is called Vantec. Comparitively much cheaper too.....please do check this link out....

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812104207

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom