Another i7 Rig Configuration. Need the BLESSINGS :) of our in house experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
After a lot of deliberation I have finalized (or rather almost finalized) the configuration. Looking forward to comments from all. Much of my decisions were made by reading the thread of ArnabBoss's 80,000/- Rig and the i7 rig at Q&A. This baby is coming to around 90,000/-. Guys I cant go any further of my Girlfriend is going to leave me :( (Edit: Will kill me before she leaves me - and will take my rig with her!!!)

MY computer configuration till now:
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified @ 19000/- From Phoenix CONFIRMED
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]RAM: OCZ XMP Ready DDR3 1600 From KMD @ 6600/- + Shipping 200/- CONFIRMED
3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Monitor: Dell 24” @ 13500/- from Phoenix CONFIRMED
4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 15000/- From Nehru Place (SMC) Will buy anything less than this! Suggest from where to buy in Delhi? Which Shop at Nehru Place?
5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Grafix Card: EVGA/XFX GTX 260/ 275 depending on price (I am emotionally with Nvidia, no logic here) Max I can spend is 15000/ now. I will rather buy a weak GTX 260 now and decide later whether to SLI it or to go for a GT300 series when it becomes decently priced by end of this year. May use it later as a Physx card later or gift it to the innumerable nephews and nieces I have.
6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Cabinet: CoolerMaster Gladiator @ 3900/- From Nehru place (SMC) Will buy anything less than this! Tired of seeing and hearing about CM690. It’s a good case but I like the design of Gladiator better. Any deals?
7.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]PSU: Coolermaster Real power 750w / Corsair 750 watt or 850w / Tagan 800w. Ready for suggestion.. Completely open to ideas. Cheapest yet decent power supply. Minimum of 750watts. Will go for the best deal :)
8.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]SMPS: APC ? (How much is just enough? Smart series or not?) Bowled and runout at the same time. No ideas honestly. Willing to spend around 8000/- . Suggestions and deals please.
9.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Mouse: Razor/ Logitech @ 4000/- Minor issue. Can be settled after the other things settle down. Which is better: Razor Razer Salmosa @ 1.9k or Razer Death Adder @ 2.5k or Logitech G15 @ 4k? Help.
10.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Keyboard: Standard Logitech will do.@ 500/- Sill suggest. Maximum 1250/-

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
how bout this cabby?
*buygamingstuff.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_49&products_id=131

surinder

Tech addict
If you wanna save few bucks here you can

Buy 650VA APC UPS for 3.5k and Antec EA 650w 4.8K. Yes you can survive with them.

Why not MSI x58 Pro motherboard for 12K ? Its the cheapest Core i7 board and yet it supports all features except SLi (only tri-crossfirex support).

For GPU, Buy a HD4870 1GB for 12.5K. It pwns nVidia at high resolutions. You can add another one or maybe HD4890 1GB when it becomes cheaper.

RAM - DDR3 1600MHz sounds good on paper. But for Rs. 6600 how much GB of RAM do you get ? Do buy atleast 6GB to avoid bottleneck.

OS - you haven't named it but I recommend Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Edition when it comes out a month or two later.

Keyboard: Why not Logitech G15 ?

CPU: Try to get the D0 stepping of Core i7 920.

Monitor: WHERE did you find a Dell 24" monitor for 13.5K ? Is it 1080p ?

Krow

Crowman
Or maybe even the Corsair HX-620. I found the HX series to be an oft ignored, but nonetheless great one! If u cn find it, get it. Its great VFM! U may get EVGA GTX 260 (if it is SuperClocked), Or else get Palit. Its a super deal @ 11.1k!!! Even then I would suggest u get a PowerColour HD 4890 for 15k. That would - A). Fit ur 15k budget. B). Satisfy all ur gaming needs!

surinder

Tech addict
For Nvidia, get EVGA or XFX GTX275 for some 18k
But he is willing to spend 15K max on graphic card in that case his choices can be :-

Palit GTX 260 sonic 216 SP 896MB DDR3 for 11.5K

Zotac GTX 275 896 MB DDR3 15K

Both with Nvidia GPU's .

MetalheadGautham he wants to stick with Nvidia (without any logic)
Hmm... then he can get GTX295 GPU. It should fit in MSI X58 Pro Motherboard @ 10.8k comfortably.

Yeah and BTW, any action without any logic is dangerous to the point of potentially harming your own interests. :razz:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
PALIT GTX 275 SONIC SP216 => costs 16800/-

its a good deal & beats HD 4890 competes with GTX 280 with sonic edition of GTX 275

surinder

Tech addict
Hmm... then he can get GTX295 GPU. It should fit in MSI X58 Pro Motherboard @ 10.8k comfortably.

Yeah and BTW, any action without any logic is dangerous to the point of potentially harming your own interests. :razz:
Totally agreed but some people don't care about obvious logic without any reason still we should respect their opinion about things and give them best advise by staying in their terms.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Are you sure, about purchasing all your stuff from SMC Nehru Place..yes I know, its one of the main high end shops there. But when I went there, I found their prices slightly high..and customer interaction not that good. See online options..??

OP
S

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Thanks all u guys for the lively discussion. Here are my further deals and explanations.

1. Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified @ 19000/- From Phoenix CONFIRMED
Yes I could go for MSI at 10,000/- .
1) But then early reports of the board (posted here and in Tech-Enclave community forums) showed difficulties and non-starting up problem and even having to return the board.
2) Reviews of the board are not promising. It has not featured in any of the configurations at Toms Hardware, Anandtech, Hardware Canuks etc
3) Customer reviews are not good either. Read New Egg reviews here:
*www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010200280 50001312 1070545356&name=LGA 1366
and here *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130221
It never got 5 eggs! Guess it’s cheap because it’s not selling. Well may be all of these are sorted out by MSI which is a good brand but I am a bit jittery.

The Gigabyte UD4 would have been best..but not available in India. UD5 is too costly in India compared to US price and currently out of market.
This EVGA board has topped most reviews and is a beauty to overclock. In three years when all things might change, only the motherboard might not. So I settled for it as a dream board. But I never thought I will buy it.
The EVGA sells in US at 300$ price point. It Sells at 24,000/- price point at India (Delhi/ Nehru place). If I import it by KMD (@ techenclave) it costs 21000/- and I don’t get any warranty. While this gem of a dealer (Phoenix, Mumbai; available for group orders at Tech Enclave) made a deal at 19000/- with me including Indian warranty. That now makes some sense.
Otherwise I would have gone for Gigabyte UD3 but not MSI

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Do you really really need a 19k mobo? it would be utter waste of money.

spend max of 15k for mobo that too if it is absoutely necessary and for that 4k you can get a better GPU or you can have your own liquid cooling kit.

IMHO, a 12k-14k mobo + liquid cooling gives you lot more overclocking room than that EVGA X58 classified.

How much were you asked for UD4 in India and outside ?

As desibond says, 19K for a mobo is a waste for money. The x58 pro has overheating issues and a cooler can fix that and also help it overclock at par with others.

You can also go the AMD Phenom II X4 955 route with a 13K AMD 790FX Quad-CrossFireX capable AM3 motherboard.

And consider DDR3 1333MHz 2GB modules at 1.8K each. 4GB or 8GB configuration with these will have a great performance at a lower cost.

I assume you want this rig for gaming because if yes put emphasis on GPUs. An AMD-ATI based rig allows toy to do just that. Phenom II X4 955 beats Core i7 920 in several gaming benchmarks even when you use your favourite nVidia GPU, the GTX295.

And yeah, if you use GTX295, you can also move to a 790X or 790GX AM3 board which is cheaper at 8K and sports 2 PCIe 2.0 8x slots which are strong enough for GTX295.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Well said Gautam!!

True, getting a monster rig doesn't mean getting costly and premium h/w.

I bet that if youg et EVGA Classified board and sub20k GPU, someone with a cheaper mobo like the one from MSI/Gigabyte (10k-12k) range will easily beat yours in gaming with a better GPU like GTX295 and both will be paying more or less the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom