Another case of PXQLinux 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I changed my Mandrake10.1 into PCQLinux 2005 at office in order to work with Urdu/Hindi that was creating some problems despite my adding Ur keyboard of www.crulp.org and following their instructions (Urdu on the personal laptop) and Bolnagari at the office PC for Hindi). In Mandrake, I could succeed in logging in as root, but in PCQLinux, while installing it said that if I install Webmin (what I did), I can use blank Root password and then modify. But now after installation I do not find any link to Webmin. Nor I am able to log in with blank password as root. And above that, mounting Windows partitions is disabled. How can I enable them?? Suggest a GUI solution. I have tried many distros, and most of the times, the commands suggested by geeks, when issued, I have received a reply "Command not supported".
Aijaz

tuxfan

Technomancer
I would suggest you try out PCQ forums for the answer. There are not too many PCQL users here. I use PCQL, but I am not an expert :oops:

By the way, have you installed their Service Pack 1 that came with June issue? It could solve some of your problems. It solved a couple of my problems ;)

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
No I didn't use the SP. BTW, I tried to change it to Mepis. But Mepis, while installing insisted on reformatting the already Ext3 partitions and after 12% failed. So I lost both Winsdows and Linux last evening. This morning through Mandrake10.1 installation CD, I ran rescue and restored my Windows at least. Plan to get back to Mandrake later. That is perhaps the most suitable for my use, despite some unsolved problems.

trigger

Journeyman
hey u can go like this..
first of all freshly install all packages related to webmin once again..
& then start the apache server service...
might u get rid of the problem..
since it has solved mine .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom