Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin,long time no see.busy in the job i guess.so how is life & do you even get any free time to watch anime now.:)
Life is a bit slow now a days, have to spent a lot of time learning the tricks of the trades, but I'd never stop watching anime, in the meantime I had read through Claymore manga and gone through the anime, currently reading Getbackers manga, I like reading mange more these days, only a few anime like rurouni kenshin/bleach gets the voice acting/music right.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@abhidev,then you must know that anime version's first 62 episodes are the one based on manga.after that up to episode 95 are just filler episodes/arcs not present in manga & not that good either.just watch first 62 episodes then read volume 18-28 of the manga.trust me you won't regret it because anime series fillers as well as the OVA's are nowhere near the original manga.

Last edited:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^^then you must know that anime version's first 62 episodes are the one based on manga.after that up to episode 95 are just filler episodes/arcs not present in manga & not that good either.just watch first 62 episodes then read volume 18-28 of the manga.trust me you won't regret it because anime series fillers as well as the OVA's are nowhere near the original manga.
I know that, I already said that I finished the manga first then watched the anime, just like Fullmetal Alchemist(not FMAB).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@tkin,that was for @abhidev.corrected it now.also good to know that you still get free time.i too only read manga & don't watch anime adaptation unless it is something like naruto or bleach.i only watch anime which are not based on manga & there are a lots of them.btw try beelzebub manga but don't read it after ch.175 because after that a major arc begins which is still ongoing.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@abhidev,then you must know that anime version's first 62 episodes are the one based on manga.after that up to episode 95 are just filler episodes/arcs not present in manga & not that good either.just watch first 62 episodes then read volume 18-28 of the manga.trust me you won't regret it because anime series fillers as well as the OVA's are nowhere near the original manga.

hey thanks for the heads up :) ...well is the series still ongoing?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@abhidev,Rurouni Kenshin series ended a long time ago with 94 episodes & 3 OVAs.anime did not finish the manga & after episode 62 started filler arcs & finally completed at episode 94.remaining vol 18-28 of the manga were then converted to 3 OVAs after lots of cutting & they changed the ending too.this is why it is better to watch first 62 episodes & then read vol 18-28 of the manga to finish Rurouni Kenshin.

@snap,i know about this manga but haven't read it.it is there in my list for over a year now & i put it in my list only because of its interesting & unusual plot.

snap

Lurker
@whitestar

better late than never :) and add this to your manga list also "dice the cube that changes everything"

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@snap,will add this but i generally avoid manhwa because i just don't connect with its art.only manhwa i read was Saver & found it good but then again i only add those titles to my list which seems interesting.The Breaker is another manhwa which i can recall(my list has over 600 titles so hard to keep track) & i am waiting for its sequel to finish before start reading it.btw try Change 123 manga if you want to see a very interesting fighter female lead.

@Extreme Gamer,he is using his college connection & many colleges use 50mbit connection now-a-days in India.

abhidev

Human Spambot
watched the first episode of Rurouni Kenshin...wasn't that impressive...well can't judge it based on just one episode...man I am missing Samurai Champloo :D

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
watched the first episode of Rurouni Kenshin...wasn't that impressive...well can't judge it based on just one episode...man I am missing Samurai Champloo :D

You've just been pampered by the advancements in storytelling, technology, and the continual human need to improve upon it's past.

Also, it could be the fact that Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin are very different from each other.

Once you can get past all that, you should be able to enjoy it.

Good luck!

@Extreme Gamer,he is using his college connection & many colleges use 50mbit connection now-a-days in India.

My residence internet sucks by the standard of the rest of the university, but that's probably because they are planning to upgrade the network systems soon. Hopefully they will move from the extended modem system to fibre networks.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
almost at the end of fairytail................................

My anime collection now consists of 110+ animes total size 700+ GB. I'm on a downloading spree. :D

Lol I have 1.4TB of anime and most of them are franchises (not One Piece, DBZ or stuff like that).

it would have been nice if really we could share our anime collection..........

10 mbits is like 1.25 Mbytes. I get 4-5 Mbytes on an average at college.

you seriously download at college????

they have banned pretty much everything for us..........

btw i get around 40 MBps in my colllege on any as tested by speedtest.net (the last time i checked).......

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@gta0gagan,main problem with sharing content in India is poor upload speed & limited plans.best one can do is start some private online community where members take requests from each other to upload hard to find series on some file hosting site & share links only among themselves.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You have a 40-50Mb fibrenet?

Then it might be possible. I thought you were downloading at home. Do they limit your data cap much?

I downloaded about 28 GB between 1:15 PM and 4:30 PM yesterday. Bad thing, steam doesn't supports proxy at all.

my laptop has a 100 mbit ethernet port which gets maxed out when i download from filestream.me site. i think the actual bandwidth is even more.
it would have been nice if really we could share our anime collection..........
you seriously download at college????
they have banned pretty much everything for us..........
btw i get around 40 MBps in my colllege on any as tested by speedtest.net (the last time i checked).......

I'll let you know whenever I visit Bangalore.

Private torrents, for example

what.cd

I download from filesharing sites only. no torrents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom