Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
guys can anyone tell me how to convert files into mkv format using handbrake without compromising on quality and also reducing size.............

m running out of space in my HDD each episode is like 400 mb wth!!!!!!!

guys can anyone tell me how to convert files into mkv format using handbrake without compromising on quality and also reducing size.............

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^you can not reduce size without compromising quality.mkv is just a container for video & audio codec just like avi but it supports many features including multiple audio & subtitle not to mention it is open source/free.the video codec mostly used now-a-days by anime encoders is h264 which is already compressed so there really is no point in further re encoding.just use the hdd space you have efficiently by deleting watched series which you don't plan on rewatching or burning them to dvd.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

you can get re-coded animes, i do this. or if possible you can pm me for anime series on DVDs and i can ship them to you.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Completed Fate -Zero.... It was simply awesome... though felt the story was rushed in the last few episodes.... Looking forward to Fate -Stay night

The battle between Emiya Kiritsugu and Kirei Kotomine was epic :eek:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
^^you can not reduce size without compromising quality.mkv is just a container for video & audio codec just like avi but it supports many features including multiple audio & subtitle not to mention it is open source/free.the video codec mostly used now-a-days by anime encoders is h264 which is already compressed so there really is no point in further re encoding.just use the hdd space you have efficiently by deleting watched series which you don't plan on rewatching or burning them to dvd.

dude how come some 720 p diles have only like 90 mb size while my mp4 files have 300 + mb size while still 720p

you can get re-coded animes, i do this. or if possible you can pm me for anime series on DVDs and i can ship them to you.

are u serious???

there must be a way to convert the files ....... if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated........

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
dude how come some 720 p diles have only like 90 mb size while my mp4 files have 300 + mb size while still 720p

are u serious???

there must be a way to convert the files ....... if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated........

I tried recoding original fansubbed episodes with Handbrake and Xmedia Recode seperately. the quality was not good. and recoding took long enough for me to download 3 re-encoded episodes each >100 MB from animekens.

What i actually meant earlier was that i download re-encoded animes because it saves HDD space and encoding time.

Neo

are u serious???

just as whitestar said, NO. There is no way to reduce file size without compromising on quality. You have seriously mistakened quality with resolution. If all you care about is resolution, then yes, you can reduce the file size. But that will take a loooooooot of time, unless you have some supercomputer.
you can buy an external hdd or dvds to store them animes if you are low on spac.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
just as whitestar said, NO. There is no way to reduce file size without compromising on quality. You have seriously mistakened quality with resolution. If all you care about is resolution, then yes, you can reduce the file size. But that will take a loooooooot of time, unless you have some supercomputer.
you can buy an external hdd or dvds to store them animes if you are low on spac.

how come the files available in some sites having 90 mb size has 720p resolution and the quality i didn't notice any noticeable difference........

I tried recoding original fansubbed episodes with Handbrake and Xmedia Recode seperately. the quality was not good. and recoding took long enough for me to download 3 re-encoded episodes each >100 MB from animekens.

What i actually meant earlier was that i download re-encoded animes because it saves HDD space and encoding time.

dude i was talking aout u lending me ur animes.........

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you are not seeing any noticeable difference with 90mb 720p file(assuming duration in double digit minutes) then either your monitor needs change or you need to visit an eye doctor.:|

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
dude i was talking aout u lending me ur animes.........

I can send you my backup anime dvds. just pm me which series you want.

if you are not seeing any noticeable difference with 90mb 720p file(assuming duration in double digit minutes) then either your monitor needs change or you need to visit an eye doctor.:|

I've watched the original fansubbed episodes, my 90 mb re-encoded episodes and those 90 mb episodes from net, all at 720p on a 32" FHD LED and a 15" 720p Laptop screen. there was hardly a difference in the 90 mb and original fansubbed ones, while my recodes were pixelated.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
dude srsly i think dell IPS 2240l is good enough for a monitor (u guys only suggested it) but u should see the 90 mb encodes i am puzzeled how they do it..........

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
now i am curious.PM me the link of one such episode or site name.

search for Yibis, Kaizoku, or Horriblesubs, and download any one of One Piece's episodes. then download the same episode from Animekens, Animeout, Naruto-tv.info or Anime Chibi.

I think i know what they do.

The source video is encoded in MPEG4, which they recode that to h.264 codec having better compression and reduce the bitrate a little bit.
this results in almost the same quality with lesser file size.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MPEG4 is a group of video codecs/standards which includes xvid & h264.i will download & post my observation here about these 90mb episodes.

Piyush

Lanaya
Slightly offtopic
Anyone remember the Yu-Gi-Oh anime series? There was a very famous card game too of which online tournaments are held each year.
I anted to know if there is a way to get these cards online as in India, no store keeps YuGiOh, only Duel Masters and Pokemon cards.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Slightly offtopic
Anyone remember the Yu-Gi-Oh anime series? There was a very famous card game too of which online tournaments are held each year.
I anted to know if there is a way to get these cards online as in India, no store keeps YuGiOh, only Duel Masters and Pokemon cards.
ya..i've seen some episodes of it on Hungama Tv but how many episodes are there? is it still ongoing?

Piyush

Lanaya
ya..i've seen some episodes of it on Hungama Tv but how many episodes are there? is it still ongoing?

The one shown on Hungama Channel was the 1st series of YuGiOh anime, in which Yui Moto was protagonist. The series showed us the origin of cards and stuff.
The next series included new hero, dont remember the name and was the shortest of the 4 series.
The 3rd one was the most engaging series in which many new characters were included. The tournaments held these days are based on the database of cards belonging to this series.
The current one/ latest one (dont know if its completed or not) is known as Zexal which totally changed the wy cards were meant to be played and is the worst of the all in my honest opinion.

IF anyone asks me to recommend him, I'd suggest to go for 3rd one and if he has got time in his hands, then watch the 1st one before the 3rd one. 2nd one is optional and last one isnt recommended.

Regarding the number of episodes, 1st series has 7 seasons iirc, 2nd one I dont remember, 3rd one had 250 something episodes.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^on wiki i can see 3 movies of it
Yu-Gi-Oh! (1998 TV series)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (1999 film)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (2000 TV series)
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light (2004 film)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters (2006 TV series)
Yu-Gi-Oh!: Bonds Beyond Time (2010 film)

Spin-offs
Yu-Gi-Oh! R
Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duel Monsters) GX
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

I'll watch the bold ones :-D

Top Bottom