Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Started Cowboy bebop and already , next up will be Steins Gate.
i wasnt able to reply to you , it said your PM inbox is full !!!
and honestly dont go looking for another Death note, that anime is unique and i havent seen another anime that has come close,
code geass is a decent follow up

but if you are looking for non stop thrill action from start to finish , then get attack of the titans, though the story isnt finished at the end of the series, next season is in the works i believe
and hey dont forget to watch cowboy bebop movie, thats a classy one on its own right , with a superb OST, yoko kanno is really awesome
just listen to "gotta knock little harder " , you'll know
most of the top animes have already been mentioned so i dont have much to add

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i wasnt able to reply to you , it said your PM inbox is full !!!
and honestly dont go looking for another Death note, that anime is unique and i havent seen another anime that has come close,
code geass is a decent follow up

but if you are looking for non stop thrill action from start to finish , then get attack of the titans, though the story isnt finished at the end of the series, next season is in the works i believe
and hey dont forget to watch cowboy bebop movie, thats a classy one on its own right , with a superb OST, yoko kanno is really awesome
just listen to "gotta knock little harder " , you'll know
most of the top animes have already been mentioned so i dont have much to add

I am not looking for another DN. Honestly, I know it will not happen. But what I am expecting is the same experience, where I am getting pulled towards the story. And right now, I am not watching any movie. I am keeping track of 'em and watch them later. Just watched Cowboy bebop 1st episode and it was good.Let's see how it goes. Next in line is Kanji : Ultimate Survivor

Chetan1991

Youngling
I found Code Geass to be just as awesome as DN, no even better since it has a bigger than life, Game of Thrones like, feelings to it.

DN's crappy last half and terrible ending leaving a bad taste at the end didn't help either, while CG remains fun to watch throughout the entire series, and the ending is so much better.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yeah. After L's absence, DN lost it's path. Then it picks up at last few episodes, but I already started feeling Meh! Overall a good show. Already added CG in my list. Watching Cowboy bebop after DN is kinda good. Complete opposite and fun. Will try CG after Kaiji : Ultimate Survivor.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^^ Well, my plans are simple. Watch animes like DN which have less than ~100 episodes. I am not fan of 600+ episodes, nor do I have time. This is the main reason I plan not to watch One Piece. OP is like sea.

The lesser the episode with good story/action, the merrier. At least for me.

Planning to watch Monster, Cowboy bebop, Samurai Flamenco. So needed more suggestions in order to keep me *ahem* list busy for a while.

If you liked DN , there is a high chance you will like Code Geass . I personally preferred CG over DN because every episode was awesome and it has one of the best ending .

Also try

Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood(DUB) - It has everything - intense fight , awesome plot , memorable characters , badass moment and good OST .
Steins gate (SUB)- Might not be intersting at start , but its one of the best Sci-fi thriller anime - 24 episodes
Monster(DUB) - Psychological thriller with intense drama - 74 episodes
Attack on titan(SUB) - Will give you feeling of helplessness as well as goosebumps . Plus the awesome soundtrack - 24 episodes + OVA
Claymore(DUB) - Similar to attack on titan , badass female lead - 24 episodes

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I can understand why many people prefer code geass over death note, but for me it's always the other way around death note works on another level, a more mature anime tbh, I never got bored, I think it was one of the first anime I binged, who wouldn't :p
Everything was well paced and adequate, nothing flamboyant like code geass

Another anime I would like to recommend to people here is summers wars and girl who leapt thru time, both scifi/romance/slice of life and really well excecuted anime, had seen these some time ago and I was reminded of them while updating my MAL list today

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
If you liked DN , there is a high chance you will like Code Geass . I personally preferred CG over DN because every episode was awesome and it has one of the best ending .

Also try

Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood(DUB) - It has everything - intense fight , awesome plot , memorable characters , badass moment and good OST .
Steins gate (SUB)- Might not be intersting at start , but its one of the best Sci-fi thriller anime - 24 episodes
Monster(DUB) - Psychological thriller with intense drama - 74 episodes
Attack on titan(SUB) - Will give you feeling of helplessness as well as goosebumps . Plus the awesome soundtrack - 24 episodes + OVA
Claymore(DUB) - Similar to attack on titan , badass female lead - 24 episodes

Except Titans, everything else is in my list.

I can understand why many people prefer code geass over death note, but for me it's always the other way around death note works on another level, a more mature anime tbh, I never got bored, I think it was one of the first anime I binged, who wouldn't :p
Everything was well paced and adequate, nothing flamboyant like code geass

Another anime I would like to recommend to people here is summers wars and girl who leapt thru time, both scifi/romance/slice of life and really well excecuted anime, had seen these some time ago and I was reminded of them while updating my MAL list today

I like DN and even if I watch anything else, I don't think it will top my list. But that's me. And right now, in queue are Hellsing Ultimate & Saint Young Men. Heard some good things and now picking in random and watching. BTW Cowboy Bebop is........... FUNNY :D

Piyush

Lanaya
I like DN and even if I watch anything else, I don't think it will top my list. But that's me. And right now, in queue are Hellsing Ultimate & Saint Young Men. Heard some good things and now picking in random and watching. BTW Cowboy Bebop is........... FUNNY :D

Gintama can be another option. Even though its a 250 episodes anime, you can actually watch it in pieces, like most people watch Ginatama. Since apart from main story, the side episodes are independent of each other most of the times. Its the funniest anime i have seen so far in my books.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Gintama can be another option. Even though its a 250 episodes anime, you can actually watch it in pieces, like most people watch Ginatama. Since apart from main story, the side episodes are independent of each other most of the times. Its the funniest anime i have seen so far in my books.

Agreed. Gintama is the best comedy series I've seen so far including live action TV series and comedy movies. Ranks #2 in my top 10 anime list.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Except Titans, everything else is in my list.

Dont you worry . Everyone says this after watching DN . This is why its a great anime to recommend for first time anime watchers . I am sure you will find more anime to be better than DN .

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Man I had like the whole of gintama with me, and so once I had this situation where I ran out of space and I had to delete some thing and ended up deleting it
I watched like 12 episdoes of the series and I never got the hang of it!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
250 episodes is a big NO for me. I knew my time and so I decided myself to see anime's with episodes less than 50(+/- 10 in case of mind-rape animes). That's it. That is why Gintama was never in my mind and I am very picky.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
eh but isnt it supposed to be so, i have forgotten most of the details about the anime, but
that largest giant produces excess heat or something , its mentioned somewhere, memory is all messed up these days

Last edited by a moderator:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
*m.youtube.com/watch?v=i41ZKisDeoE
Attack of the Titans live action movie trailer!

zzz private video

- - - Updated - - -

Fairy tail is really becoming good cant wait newchapter each week, damn this is getting good

Really Big Spoiler , Open at your own Risk
Seriosly I am not Kidding , Better Read Manga than opening this.
Last Chance Don't tell I didn't Wrn You
Finally Fairy Tail Ending, The most powerful demon from book of zeref that will bring end to worlds E.N.D aka Etherious Natsu Dragneel

Top Bottom