Android under 30k [HTC One X(Tegra-3) Or LG Nexus 4]

Mainak23

Journeyman
Hii guys..want to buy a new phone..pls help me to decide which one to buy...

1. Budget?
25k [+3k If Required]

2. Display type and size?
4.2 Inches + IPS LCD or AMOLED

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Nokia, Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, Motorola, Sony. Micromax included because of the hype around it.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Flash, AF, Front facing, Primary Camera at least 5MP

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android Only

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Flash support preferred to stream live matches

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Camera, Social Networking, Browsing, Gaming,Music

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration
I am thinking for going for LG Nexus 4 Or HTC One X (Tegra-3 Version)

12. Any other info that you want to share
Help me to decide to go for which one..

Is there any other comparable offering from HTC or Sony that should be considered??

P.S:- Pls don't suggest Samsung Galaxy SIII or Note II...

tkin

Back to school!!
Your best option is to get LG Optimus G, launched at 30k and for now can only be purchased from Saholic, will come to fk soon.

OP
Mainak23

Mainak23

Journeyman
Your best option is to get LG Optimus G, launched at 30k and for now can only be purchased from Saholic, will come to fk soon.

is not LG Optimus G and Lg Nexus 4 spec-wise very similar? just the storage Diff?

tkin

Back to school!!
is not LG Optimus G and Lg Nexus 4 spec-wise very similar? just the storage Diff?
Not exactly, G has a better camera, better display quality etc, but yes, almost everything else is same, but with Nexus 4 you won't get any warranty but with the G you will: LG Nexus 4 E960 vs. LG Optimus G E973 - GSMArena.com

Also even though they have same battery, G uses less battery due to optimizations(mostly the display), hence more usage time:
Google Nexus 4 goes through our battery test, see how it scored - GSMArena Blog
LG Optimus G battery tests are done, here are the results - GSMArena Blog

Nexus 4 for 23k
Saposphere: How to get a Nexus 4 in India from Google Play Store US!
Also a very good idea, do note, you can't get it serviced in India, LG India refuses to service it, even when paid, you have to send it to LG Texas, pay shipping and add to that $180 for return shipping, comes to 15k almost, food for thought.

OP
Mainak23

Mainak23

Journeyman
i was reading about the nexus 4...heard due to glass the back of nexus 4 tends to crack...LG Optimus G doesn't have much custom rom which i intend to use...Have to wait for Optimus G price to go down..btw is the HTC One x a good buy now?

tkin

Back to school!!
i was reading about the nexus 4...heard due to glass the back of nexus 4 tends to crack...LG Optimus G doesn't have much custom rom which i intend to use...Have to wait for Optimus G price to go down..btw is the HTC One x a good buy now?
No, a very very bad buy, its 32k, overpriced junk, the quad krait in G will eat it alive, and One X is too close to the new upcoming Xperia Z(36k), Xperia Z can be called the mother of all phones. Its worth it if you can invest 36k for the Xperia Z, the fastest phone atm: Sony Xperia Z - Full phone specifications

Do not buy HTC phones, they are worthlessly overpriced, every single model.

tkin

Back to school!!
when the Sony Xperia Z will be Available in India ..?
If you pre-order by paying 1k to a sony center right now, you'll get the phone next week, if you don't, then you can buy it from retail by march 3rd week max. The launch event is this sunday.

OP
Mainak23

Mainak23

Journeyman
If you pre-order by paying 1k to a sony center right now, you'll get the phone next week, if you don't, then you can buy it from retail by march 3rd week max. The launch event is this sunday.

how much to buy from sony? for 36k?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Even if you don't pre order, you could snatch a piece on Tuesday or Wednesday if you go hunting for it at Sony Centers/Xperia stores. Otherwise wait till March first week. Will hit all stores by March first week. Stock will reach smaller stores starting March 1.

tkin

Back to school!!
Even if you don't pre order, you could snatch a piece on Tuesday or Wednesday if you go hunting for it at Sony Centers/Xperia stores. Otherwise wait till March first week. Will hit all stores by March first week. Stock will reach smaller stores starting March 1.
When will it reach online retailers like fk?

tkin

Back to school!!
I think Optimus G e970 version is releasing not e973.
Nope, E975, and for that GSMArena has no entries.
LG Optimus G Price in India | E975 Specifications, Features and Reviews

And you can see, it has JB out of the box.

Top Bottom