Android Smartphone in around Rs.15K

Hi guys,I am planning on buying a good Android Smartphone at around Rs.15,000.Now according to me Micromax Canvas HD is a pretty good phone[I really don't care about it's Camera,because I don't simply need it].But there are many negetive reviews about the brand,many people say that its a re-branded Chinese phone,some say that micromax phones won't last 6 months.I really wanna use my phone for atleast 3-4 years...so should I buy Canvas HD,ignoring the negetive reviews...or should I go for a Brand like Sony,Samsung,HTC...?

Kiss

Journeyman
Get Xperia L... You would get that for 16k today on Flipkart, with a 8Gb card free(340 Rs.)

Anand kumar

Broken In
Go for micromax a116 canvas hd...u neednot worry at all about these allegations about micromax..yeah they are rebranded phones but that doesnt mean that its of low quality..i also had this worry about micromax before purchasing...but i have successfully completed 1 year using micromax a50 ninja and its working perfect..also u shud note that micromax phones have increased their quality in the recent times and that have made them no 1 in among the indian brands..canvas hd is the best u can get at that price..

quagmire

Allllright !
Hi guys,I am planning on buying a good Android Smartphone at around Rs.15,000.Now according to me Micromax Canvas HD is a pretty good phone[I really don't care about it's Camera,because I don't simply need it].But there are many negetive reviews about the brand,many people say that its a re-branded Chinese phone,some say that micromax phones won't last 6 months.I really wanna use my phone for atleast 3-4 years...so should I buy Canvas HD,ignoring the negetive reviews...or should I go for a Brand like Sony,Samsung,HTC...?

Phones get outdated in a matter of months.. I doubt any phone can sustain (OS, hardware and build) that long..

Yeah always avoid MMX and other Indian brands..

As recommended by others go for Xperia L..

Phones get outdated in a matter of months.. I doubt any phone can sustain (OS, hardware and build) that long..

Yeah always avoid MMX and other Indian brands..

As recommended by others go for Xperia L..

Okay..I am gonna go for Xperia L[As majority of people are recommending it],but please,atleast give me 1 good reason why I should buy the Xperia...I mean MMX has a higher resolution and 1.4 GHz Quad Core Processor,higher than that of Xperia....?

quagmire

Allllright !
^A detailed comparison of all the phones is done here by sam. Check it out.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/150741-mobile-buying-guide.html

Do compare the SOC performance and GPU performance..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Okay..I am gonna go for Xperia L[As majority of people are recommending it],but please,atleast give me 1 good reason why I should buy the Xperia...I mean MMX has a higher resolution and 1.4 GHz Quad Core Processor,higher than that of Xperia....?

i can give you 10 good reason why you should avoid canvas HD. the hardware absolutely rocks for the price but the problem lies in the software (or the h/w + s/w). there is kind of an unending list of complains about canvas HD from GPS locking issue to network problem. headphone not detecting (can be compatible problem).

now about XL, only Android mobile under 20k with Qualcomm Krait processor and Adreno 30x series GPU. this in itself is huge. Android 4.2 update will be late, anyone can confirm that but most mobile never receive more than 1 update and have to rely on the community support where XL shines again (or more like will shine at a later date).

i can give you 10 good reason why you should avoid canvas HD. the hardware absolutely rocks for the price but the problem lies in the software (or the h/w + s/w). there is kind of an unending list of complains about canvas HD from GPS locking issue to network problem. headphone not detecting (can be compatible problem).

now about XL, only Android mobile under 20k with Qualcomm Krait processor and Adreno 30x series GPU. this in itself is huge. Android 4.2 update will be late, anyone can confirm that but most mobile never receive more than 1 update and have to rely on the community support where XL shines again (or more like will shine at a later date).

Thanks...at least now I feel like I am going for the right choice..

dude1

Journeyman
Well xperia l is a nice phone...also mmx canvas hd is vfm and has now recieved 4.2 JB update(not ota) ....
but if u dont care about brand name iball has launched an absolute nice product called iball andi 4.7g cobalt.. here are the specs
4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display at 312 PPI
1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 processor
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
12MP auto focus rear camera with dual LED Flash
5MP auto focus front-facing camera
3.5mm audio jack
Full HD 1080p video playback
1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
3G (HSDPA: 42 Mbps, HSUPA: 11 Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
2200 mAh battery
Also it has a price tag of 17.9k which is out of ur budget but if u wait its really great

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
I got Samsung galaxy s advance few days back from FK for 13500..it is very good..now it is for 14500 on FK..

So do you like your new phone?
Did you update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2?

Actually I am also thinking of buying this phone next week, so I want to clarify a few things :

1.) Are you facing any problems with network reception, especially 3G?

2.) How is the battery life?

3.) Is there any lags while navigating around the UI, and how much free RAM are you getting at idle?

4.) How is the screen quality?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
wait for a couple more days.. Xperia M is gonna be launched at the same price category and it's SoC is much better than S Advance..
In short, it's more future proof than the aging S advance

Budget isn't my problem...I can easily extend my budget upto 18K,but I don't feel the need to extend my budget as I was getting Canvas HD at a lower price and it had pretty good specs,but I am not gonna buy it now as You guys recommended Xperia L.Okay so anybody knows when Xperia M will be launched...If its 3-4 months,I can wait..

randomuser111

Technomancer
Get Xperia L itself the, it's available for 16k in Flipkart for now I believe. So order quick. And even in local stores its 16k, Empirial got his friend one for around 16k last week. :)

Top Bottom