Android smartphone for 25k

thearyanajay

Broken In
I am looking to buy a smartphone in a week or two. Budget is 25k(+/-2k). It would be used for calls and web browsing and texting mostly.. very casual gaming at most... Camera, build quality and screen are priorities.

Was looking at-
1. Honor 6 plus- dual camera makes me hesitant.. also looks plasticky
2. OPO- all good but i hear ASS is very poor
3. The new Zenfone(can wait for it)
4. HTC D820- 720p screen
I should also mention that I am changing from LG E970. so the comparisons to these phone could be made accordingly.

Any other suggestions?

Looking forward to get you guy's input on this! Thanks!:-D

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I own htc D820. It's looks are charming.. very lightweight (other phone I use is iPhone 4 which is metallic & heavy so may be my view may not be very effective). It's been 5 months & I still haven't put a SIM into it :-D . It's because my main phone is the iPhone & I can't get rid of it since I've become used to its user friendliness despite it is slow as a sloth while opening Whatsapp/Facebook. So far I find D820 fast running. Have played heavy games which killed the battery quickly. The phone will fully charge from 10% in about 1-1.5 hrs. Display remains bright even in sunlight. UI is nice... but I am struggling with some flaws which you can find "Official Android Discussion" sticky thread of this forum. It's PC software is very bad & in fact never ran successfully. It would open & close automatically.
I think Huawei has some cool offerings , you might try that.

chitvan

Journeyman
What are your requirement?
You can consider Nexus 5,
Available in 25800/- on flipkart,
But no SD card support,

Or you can wait for Moto X2's price to decrease

Both have 2GB RAM and full HD display,

And possibly they may get next Android M....

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What's that?
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications
With Snapdragon 801. (Launch price 53,448)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (octa-core) - Full phone specifications
is the cheaper one with Exynos 5422 (Launch price 51,500)

Only 2 GB ram with crapwiz bloat -_-

Zenphone 2 has better 64 bit Intel Z3580 and 2/4 GB ram options for lesser price.

There is a phone called Galaxy S5!

Its a great phone....... Except for bad design. Check it out in a Samsung store. Also ignore everyone here who says "touchwiz is crap" or "crapwiz" as its smoother now with Lollipop update

Other great device is HTC Desire 826, which is upgraded 820 with 1080p display.
Also Honor 6 Plus seems good too

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Its a great phone....... Except for bad design. Check it out in a Samsung store. Also ignore everyone here who says "touchwiz is crap" or "crapwiz" as its smoother now with Lollipop update
I hate the design too, I mean the screen to body ratio is nonsense, however it is IP67 certified. One thing though that backside is awesome, I mean whatever type of plastic it is, it is damn sticky, that damn phone won't slip out of your palms unless your palms are made of silk :)

I have used the S5 personally for a good two weeks. Couldn't bear the small screen and had to opt for Note, well that's irrelevant.

TouchWiz crap? I myself said that million times, but won't say that again, even with the half baked TW LP I am running on my Note 3 is more than enough to beat the ass out of anything. Ignore everyone? Of course, I only see your and ajay's comment on this page, sorry can't fathom the Einstein groups :lol:

Anyway, let's get this straight, I am saying this to OP, if you have 25k to waste, then a Galaxy S5 will be your best bet, from ANY angle. Then the Desire 826 is there too, remember it's HTC's mid range section though. You can slightly increase your budget and get the E8 too, I love that phone for whatever reason! That's staying with Apples. And now if you want to go the Orange path, then include all other stuffs, OneMinus One, LG G3 or whatever else are there.

the.one

In the zone
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications
With Snapdragon 801. (Launch price 53,448)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (octa-core) - Full phone specifications
is the cheaper one with Exynos 5422 (Launch price 51,500)

Only 2 GB ram with crapwiz bloat -_-

Zenphone 2 has better 64 bit Intel Z3580 and 2/4 GB ram options for lesser price.

50k?? That's the price of S6 now, not S5.

- - - Updated - - -

Apples oranges lolzz. Zenfone 2 maybe belongs to a new category grapes then.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
50k?? That's the price of S6 now, not S5.

- - - Updated - - -

Apples oranges lolzz. Zenfone 2 maybe belongs to a new category grapes then.

I never said it stayed at the launch price. It wasn't worth the launch price then, it isn't worth the selling price now. Hardware wise there are better phones available at a price lower than the S5 itself. This isn't comparing "apples to oranges". Its more like comparing an overpriced apple from a big retail shop to another better tasting and healthy apple from a small vendor.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Sometimes you wake up at midnight, after studying a lot, cause you failed in last sem/exam, and you do this,

*i.imgur.com/7jE0b6s.gif

I am sorry I couldn't resist.

:rofl:

I am surprised by all the praises HTC phones are getting. In one way u all insult other brands for giving poor price to performance ratio, and then you recommend a Rs25k HTC phone with 2 yr old mid range SoC.

2 yrs ago Digit was packed with NexusFanboys, now its full of HTC fanboys...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am surprised by all the praises HTC phones are getting. In one way u all insult other brands for giving poor price to performance ratio, and then you recommend a Rs25k HTC phone with 2 yr old mid range SoC.

:confused:
snapdragon 615 maybe midrange but isn't 2 year old, (i'm not even a fan of HTC)

ithehappy

Human Spambot

HTC is a good brand, they should be recommended, but HTC is recommended here because it doesn't come with Samsung label. Yes, 615 is a mid range and old SOC, but since when everyone cares about SOC? I mean those who don't play games on mobile phones what's the point of having the ultimate chipset at first place? Few months ago someone here said that everything is about software, now everyone is bragging about everything is about hardware, unbelievable really. I mean the lack of common sense.

There was never any problem with Digit, it's the problem with the so called Digitians, they have no finesse, and that's the problem. I don't expect much from kids, but parents are there to teach them, or not!

the.one

In the zone
I never said it stayed at the launch price. It wasn't worth the launch price then, it isn't worth the selling price now. Hardware wise there are better phones available at a price lower than the S5 itself. This isn't comparing "apples to oranges". Its more like comparing an overpriced apple from a big retail shop to another better tasting and healthy apple from a small vendor.

Ohh the apples oranges came after reading another comment, not urs.

I know its not worth the launch price, very few are, but certainly worth current selling price.
But even that should change in a few weeks time after maybe the zenfone launches.

And for the big shop small shop theory, in that case, we should stop discussing Sony LG Samsung HTC since they're all from overpriced big shops.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect

Yeah HTC can't even provide good after sales service if you submit your phone for repair they will take at least 6 months for the same.

- - - Updated - - -

HTC is a good brand, they should be recommended, but HTC is recommended here because it doesn't come with Samsung label. Yes, 615 is a mid range and old SOC, but since when everyone cares about SOC? I mean those who don't play games on mobile phones what's the point of having the ultimate chipset at first place? Few months ago someone here said that everything is about software, now everyone is bragging about everything is about hardware, unbelievable really. I mean the lack of common sense.

There was never any problem with Digit, it's the problem with the so called Digitians, they have no finesse, and that's the problem. I don't expect much from kids, but parents are there to teach them, or not!

Well HTC is like Chinese use and throw phone once you get a HTC phone After sales service is almost NIL.I have seen people dumping their phones due to bad after sales service.

If someone is getting better hardware at same price then why not he opt for better phone with better hardware.

S615 is good n new........ I would say S5's SoC is older............ But the Exynos soc of S5 is better than S615......... (For those who don't agree, S5 records n plays 4K videos)

Still I would say HTC Desire 826 is a good option, looks also matters........ If you don't care much about design, then OP get S5 as it has best display & camera for a sub 30k phone.

As far as LG G3 is concerned, I don't think 2K display is required in a phablet, it just reduces the battery life. If it had a 1080p screen then it would had some great battery life (even with 2K display, its battery life is good though)

Top Bottom