Android Phone Price inquiry

limpness

Broken In
Hi,

I need price updates for following Android phones.I live in Delhi.

LG Optimus One (Probably get it)
Samsung Galaxy S
and Micromax A60

Any suggestions between 15-18k?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you can spend 18k, increase it by 2k and get Motorola Milestone. Much much better phone than any sub 18k phones.

Optimus One: 11.5k
Galaxy S: 25.5k (best android available in market right now, runs Froyo but needs a bit of finetuning 'rooting, lagfix etc' for better performance)
A60: 7k (don't even think about this. it's a resistive touch phone with serious doubts of getting regular firmware updates)

OP
L

limpness

Broken In
Wish Galaxy S was a little cheaper.

But Optimus one has good reviews.I was kind of put off abt LG camera quality ( i own a KP500 cookie) but can live without it.Any other phones worth looking at around Optimus ones price range?

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can also look at Motorola TX3, TX5. Charm is total nonsense. don't waste time looking for it. Sony Ericsson are also bad buys.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
if you can spend 18k, increase it by 2k and get Motorola Milestone. Much much better phone than any sub 18k phones.

Optimus One: 11.5k
Galaxy S: 25.5k (best android available in market right now, runs Froyo but needs a bit of finetuning 'rooting, lagfix etc' for better performance)
A60: 7k (don't even think about this. it's a resistive touch phone with serious doubts of getting regular firmware updates)

dude.. are u serious? milestone is 20k???

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
yup! Milestone is for 20k and a better choice. However I think within some days Motorola will kick away the Milestone from Market.

Here are your choices : Galaxy 3, LG Optimus, Milestone, HTC Wildfire (Don't consider)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ AFAIK, Motorola already stopped production of Milestone in favor of the DroidX, Droid2 & the other Milestone variants. nowadays its like (in case of Android mobiles particularly), buy a mobile the day its launched else its outdated or replaced by a better version.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^exactly!, I think waiting will work. If you got budget around 20k. Waiting till FEB will be good as Win7 phones will be in the market till then and also may be galaxy s 2 will be out (prediction) and most of the phones prices will be dropped.

ladoo1985

Broken In
Don't Go for MOTO Phones as the company has still not been able to provide the Froyo 2.2 update to its devices.
Check the Below link:
Motorola did it again: the Froyo update for MILESTONE delayed - GSMArena.com news

Instead Dell has launched XCD35 which is available for sub 15k in india[check Flipkart].
LINK:
Dell XCD35 now available in India | Androidos.in

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ that Dell running Android 2.1 & no sign of 2.2. HTC & Samsung in the upper price bracket & LG & Samsung in the lower price bracket. no place for motorola or Sony.

ladoo1985

Broken In
Dell is Shipping Streak with 2.2 and soon the updates for XCD series will be there and otherwise DELL is providing a VFM deal as the specs are promising for XCD35...if I'm correct, the screen res is 480x800 WVGA

mail2abhi81

Broken In
I wanted to know from Bangalore folks, to suggest shops which would offer the best price. for LG O1. As of now, the lowest quote I've got is of 12,500, but am sure there would be shops selling at better rate than this.

B'lore janta, please advise!! Shop name/ location/ ph. no would be very much appreciated.

Dell is Shipping Streak with 2.2 and soon the updates for XCD series will be there and otherwise DELL is providing a VFM deal as the specs are promising for XCD35...if I'm correct, the screen res is 480x800 WVGA

dude, though xcd35 specs are worth considering, for an entry level android device, Dell has price it at close to 16,000 bucks for which is essentially a SanFancisco Orange/ ZTE Blade overseas costing less than 10 grands. This is pure loot, I would say.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

that Dell Streak isn't a relabelled ZTe product. but the XCD series mobiles are. and "if" ZTE release an update to 2.2 by late january or frebruary (when it'll be considered obsolete), Dell will edit the update, the source code & than release slowly by Summer 2011.

borax12

the dotmaster
i am an owner of a micromax andro ...and i must tell you that the resistive experience on the phone is much better than those in the lame 5230,5233 nokia offerings.....

but as you have a good budget...wither a dell xcd35 or sony xperia x10 mini...(thought the screen size is a downside)....or else look at lg optimus one...seriously the best buy of the season after galaxy 3..... and if you do buy this ...you get a better screen res...and on board froyo....and great work being done with it on the hacking and custom development front(courtesy xda)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i am an owner of a micromax andro ...and i must tell you that the resistive experience on the phone is much better than those in the lame 5230,5233 nokia offerings.....

but as you have a good budget...wither a dell xcd35 or sony xperia x10 mini...(thought the screen size is a downside)....or else look at lg optimus one...seriously the best buy of the season after galaxy 3..... and if you do buy this ...you get a better screen res...and on board froyo....and great work being done with it on the hacking and custom development front(courtesy xda)

we will talk about andro when it gets proper updates from Micromax. an android devices means lot more than just pushing the phone to market.

mail2abhi81

Broken In
I wanted to know from Bangalore folks, to suggest shops which would offer the best price. for LG O1. As of now, the lowest quote I've got is of 12,500, but am sure there would be shops selling at better rate than this.

B'lore janta, please advise!! Shop name/ location/ ph. no would be very much appreciated.

folks.. someone plz do respond. :sad:

Abhi

Top Bottom