android phone for arnd 20-25k

vineet09

Broken In
1. Budget? 22-25k
2. Display type and size? >200 ppi, 4.3" or greater
4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC, SONY, LG(only nexus) - no samsung dis tym
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - autofocus, image stabilization
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? call, some apps
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Confused in these 3:

Lg nexus 4 (battery worries me)
Htc Desire 600( battery life unknown - though i will certainly use single sim, no OIS, front speaker, slim lighter than sp)
Sony Xperia SP(less impressive screen, dual core, sometimes laggy ui)

I prefer HTC having owned previous htc devices..

Last edited:

dude1

Journeyman
Go for nexus 4 blindly my friend.... dont worry for battery life, which is very satisfying and you can easily squeeze 14-16 hrs of moderate to high usage with lower usage even better.(though u'd need to charge it every night). As comparing to htc desire 600 it is better in nearly all departments like screen,ram,memory,processor, and of course the great stock android with more updates than u care, also htc has a history of slower updates. And i think xperia sp is not worth as reasons u specified. see this link also Comparing LG Nexus 4 vs. HTC Desire 600 Dual Sim - 23 Reasons for the LG Nexus 4 - VERSUS

spm

Journeyman
I have not personally used any of the devices you mentioned. But I am myself in the market for a new phone and done a bit of research on Phone chipsets and the one thing I can tell u is HTC desire 600 has a very weak Chipset for the price. Seriously quadcore cortex A5 with adreno 203 for 25k. The xperia SP has dual core krait and adreno 320 which beats the HTC in anytime. Even qualcomm admits that the the snapdragon 200 are for entry level phones.

OP
V

vineet09

Broken In
@spm & dude1 thanks 4 ur replies..I am def open to other suggestions..and as nexus 4 vs X SP, what do u suggest? LG ASS is also an issue

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
@spm & dude1 thanks 4 ur replies..I am def open to other suggestions..and as nexus 4 vs X SP, what do u suggest? LG ASS is also an issue

A friend of mine was in the same quandary- decided to go for the SP because of 1. expandable storage 2. fm radio 3. preference for Sony brand over LG 4. Looks.

Needless to say it was a lady. If i were to choose it would be the Nexus 4 any day as the above factors do not matter to me.The pure google experience and immediate updates are reason enough to go for the Nexus..

Nexus 4 is best phone for 25k if u r OK with low battery life n 12.9gb user available storage.

Second best option is S3......... Better camera n battery life plus SD slot.....

priyankgupta

Journeyman
I am using ZR, and the here are some of the advantages:
1) water-resistant, IP58 rating
2) 13 MP rear camera
3) Expandable storage
4) 2GB RAM
5) Quad core-Krait processor
6) Better UI
7) Better After Sales Service (this might depend on region, though! :p )
8) Mobile Bravia Engine 2

And the cons are:
1) Limited 8 GB internal (around 4GB user available)
2) front camera is VGA
3) Delay in updates

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
For those cribbing about low battery life of Nexus 4, please note that the battery is not at all that bad. I'm easily able to get more than 24 hours on single charge with 3G and WiFi on most of the time. My usage includes BT pairing while driving, calls for about 2 hours, ~10 SMS, FB, GTalk, gMail, and Whatsapp used frequently.

For the comment about LG A.S.S., I never faced any problem. I took the new N4 to the service center for BT pairing issue. The service center guy was kind enough to understand that I visited the center during office hours, and solved my problem within half an hour by flashing a new firmware/radio.

My suggestion: Get the N4. It's definitely worth it. It's the best quad core pure Android experience phone you'll get for that price. And the best part is that the customization is limitless!

dude1

Journeyman
Well Xperia ZR seems to be very good phone. If you can get it in your budget, i don't see a reason not to( except vanilla android of course)

ssb1551

Technomancer
Okay, my two cents on this particular topic : OP, if you don't have any reservations against LG and can extend your budget by 1k then please do look at LG Optimus G for 26k. Its a beast too!!!

Top Bottom