Android News Channel

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Post all Android news here. news, updates, new rumored phone or new releases. But its advised to make separate thread for major Android mobile releases. Like mobiles from HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG & Sony Ericsson as their discussion will flood this thread & overshadow the small releases.

Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

here comes the first news:

Olive Fluid:

Android OS, v2.1
Size : 3.5 Inch (HVGA)
Camera : 3 MegaPixel
SOC: STE6715, 468MHz
3G HSDPA : 7.2 Mbps
GPS : Yes
Wi-Fi : Yes
G-Sensor : Yes
Proximity Sensor : Yes
Multi Touch Capacitive : Yes

no info on ram but it should be around 192-256Mb. now comes the fun part. its price: Rs.10,490 :shock:

Source: OliveTelecom & AndroidOS.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Its a rebranded Chinese phone... If Olive keeps pumping out crappy overpriced devices, then the company won't last long...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sony Ericsson announces its first Android Walkman phone, the W8

Finally SE put aside all rums & announced that indeed they are in the process of making a Walkman Android mobile. The W8 or The Xperia X8 Walkman Edition.

*st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/11/04/sony-ericsson-w8-walkman-android/gsmarena_001.jpg

now the bad part. SE will ship it as it is. i.e. Android 2.1 & with 168Mb ram :shock:

Source: GSM Arena AndroidOS Xperia Blog

Leaked 2.3.3 ROM floating around for Galaxy Ace

Samsung's Galaxy Ace (which shipped with 2.2) is definitely getting upgraded to some Gingerbread goodness, and if you just can't wait for it, there's a leaked ROM you might want to consider picking up.

The ROM is build tag S5830XXKP8 (for those interested) and is for the European model, S5830. (Sorry, everyone else!)

Any of our European compatriots considering taking this out for a spin? If you do, be sure to let us know how much faster that 800 MHz processor feels.

Leaked 2.3.3 ROM floating around for Galaxy Ace | Android Central

For rom cookers, can download the rom from here :

*hotfile.com/dl/115310133/e3acaaf/S5830XXKP8.rar.html

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Finally SE put aside all rums & announced that indeed they are in the process of making a Walkman Android mobile. The W8 or The Xperia X8 Walkman Edition.

*st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/11/04/sony-ericsson-w8-walkman-android/gsmarena_001.jpg

now the bad part. SE will ship it as it is. i.e. Android 2.1 & with 168Mb ram :shock:

Source: GSM Arena AndroidOS Xperia Blog

Real shocker. Even a 10k phone comes around with 256MB RAM and i am sure they will overprice this phone, as always.

k4ce

Youngling
Leaked 2.3.3 ROM floating around for Galaxy Ace

Samsung's Galaxy Ace (which shipped with 2.2) is definitely getting upgraded to some Gingerbread goodness, and if you just can't wait for it, there's a leaked ROM you might want to consider picking up.

The ROM is build tag S5830XXKP8 (for those interested) and is for the European model, S5830. (Sorry, everyone else!)

Any of our European compatriots considering taking this out for a spin? If you do, be sure to let us know how much faster that 800 MHz processor feels.

Leaked 2.3.3 ROM floating around for Galaxy Ace | Android Central

For rom cookers, can download the rom from here :

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: S5830XXKP8.rar

You could always play around with your product code and have it even on non EU Samsung Ace

Dangerous Dave

Digital Marketer

Source: GSM Arena

AndroidOS Xperia Blog

What will be the cost of the Phone?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i know. many have asked for IRC clients before but not even a single usable one. if i find any usable one, will surely tell you.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks like i need to do some digging @ XDA. i read about an IRC Client there a couple of months ago. i just hope it doesn't turn out to be AndroIRC or AndIRC. but will test both once.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i uninstalled an app and now i want to install now. but whenever i try to install from market its showing as installed and now i n unable to install. can anyone please tell me to how to do that

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you have uninstalled it? if yes then market should show it (as its gone now). or you may search in their website or maybe some filesharing sites.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
i uninstalled an app and now i want to install now. but whenever i try to install from market its showing as installed and now i n unable to install. can anyone please tell me to how to do that
Can you be more specific??

Try this, clear Market cache and try installing it again.

Goto Settings-> Applications -> Manage Applications > Market : Clear Data; Clear Cache;

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The walkman android looks similar to the xperia x10 mini. I'm waiting for a cybershot android from SE. Now-a-days most manufacturers provide more than decent audio quality.

Top Bottom