Android General Question - ROM, CWM, TWRP, Boot Loader and more ?????

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
will have to start reading now, thanks anyway, back to android,

who are clockwork and twrp people, are they officially supported by google,

how they pull recovery image ?

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
does all company provide source code ? is it a big thing to do ?

if source code is provided, can a programmer enable OTG and other function with it ?

while flashing a rom, if the phone gets bricked (no hardware damage of any kind) can it be made in working condition again, if rom is available ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
does all company provide source code ? is it a big thing to do ?

if source code is provided, can a programmer enable OTG and other function with it ?

while flashing a rom, if the phone gets bricked (no hardware damage of any kind) can it be made in working condition again, if rom is available ?

1. No
2. Probably No
3. Depends on the device. Mostly not possible.
4. Yes, phone can be unbricked by flashing stock rom on fastboot.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thanks,

i have heard a lot about Cynogen Mod, who are those guys, is it something great to have on phone.

can we request rom for any phone like mine Lenovo A6000 Plus, do they provide update

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
thanks,

i have heard a lot about Cynogen Mod, who are those guys, is it something great to have on phone.

can we request rom for any phone like mine Lenovo A6000 Plus, do they provide update

Cyanogenmod used to be an alternative Android build made by hobbyists that you could get and flash to your phone. However, now they are now known as Cyanogen OS and are a legitimate company who provides OEM copies of android to device manufacturers.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
For ROM development u require Java
For kernel development you need C though

No. Java is needed for apps that run on the DVM (ART now).

But the DVM itself runs on linux, whose binaries are built in C.

Top Bottom