Android + 5MP Flash + Music Player

rakesh3k2

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,
Here is the Detailed summary of my requirements of the phone which
I want to buy in Mid April 2011.

1. Budget : 15000 - 20000
2. Display type and size : Preferably AMOLED or higher and 3.2” minimum.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip : Bar or Slider(Only for Qwerty Keypad) but a big no to flip.
4. Preferred choice of brand : Sony Ericsson, Samsung, HTC, LG (Must be branded)
5. Preferred input method : Touchscreen (Capacitive for sure), QWERTY Keyboard Slide Out (Not necessarily).
6. What camera option you want : 5MP or more, Flash, Autofocus, Front Facing Camera .
7. Preferred operating system : Android or Bada OS
8. Preferred connectivity options : 3G and Wifi
9. Preferred applications : Social Networking, GPS
10. Primary use of handset : Camera, Music Player, Internet, Social Networking,.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration : HTC Wildfire(but lacks in resolution), LG Optimus One (Lacks 5MP criteria), Samsung Wave II (Very Large screen)
12. Any other info that you want to share : Basically I am going to use my phone as Camera and Music Player. Internet and Social Networking are must for all smartphones. Touch Experience should be very nice and the phone should not stuck at multitasking. Battery Life of more than 8 hours (in 2G) would be much better.

I did lot of research but in vain and I am presently in total confusion.

Please help me with your valuable suggestions and comments.

Thanks in advance

Rakesh (Chennai)
:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
cam flash below 20k: Samsung Wave II or Motorola Defy.

Samsung S8500 Wave got exactly what you needed but its screen is 3.3" & replaced by Wave II.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Ask me again in April... :p

Seriously... Wave II is suitable for your needs. No Amoled though...

I cannot think of any other phone in 20k range...

Samsung Galaxy SL is decent enough... but 4" screen and LCD screen might put you off...

pauldmps

Banned
Samsung Wave II (not Android), Samsung Galaxy Ace (no front camera), Galaxy SL (no flash), SE Neo (currently costs 25k, should come down after its launch in April).

Oh God all phones have some or the other disadvantages.

My pick, Wave II unless you want too many apps.

OP
rakesh3k2

rakesh3k2

Thanx for the quick replies guys..!!

Well As I mentioned I need for Camera + Music Player combination, I heard like Motorola Music Playing capabilities are not so good enough.

Wave II may be a good selection, but the screen is not AMOLED.

May be my requirements are too much I need to compromise on some.
The things which I can't compromise are
5MP + Flash, Music Playing, Capacitive Touchscreen.
I think I can go for some other OS also but it should not stuck a lot
and should support good number apps.

Thanks
Rakesh.

Aditya11

Journeyman
ACE is what you should be looking for then! Apart from lack of front camera, it fulfills all other requirements of yours. With 800 MHz fast proccy, it will not 'stuck a lot' and of course, Android has tremendous number of apps..

Defy sells for 3~3.5k more but I don't see anything justifying this price..and it comes with (now outdated) Android 2.1

pauldmps

Banned
Only AMOLED's in this price-range are the Nokias - C7 & C6-01. But for AMOLED, you'll miss out everything else.

Forget AMOLED. S-LCD is as good as AMOLED.

OP
rakesh3k2

rakesh3k2

Hey, there is a new phone in the market in this range...!!
Samsung Galaxy SL I9003....
Specs very nice...only minus is no LED Flash.
Except that everything is fine for me..!!

Wat are your suggestions Frnds..!!:smile:

pauldmps

Banned
^^ No flash & no AMOLED.

I think I've already suggested you that handset.

Samsung Wave II (not Android), Samsung Galaxy Ace (no front camera), Galaxy SL (no flash), SE Neo (currently costs 25k, should come down after its launch in April).

Oh God all phones have some or the other disadvantages.

My pick, Wave II unless you want too many apps.

noob

Cyborg Agent
What effect does AMOLED or S-LCD has on Capacitive Touch Screen efficiency?

Super Amoled is total orgasmic exp and once you have used it , you will never ever buy or use S-LCD phones.

dont even think of going for Bada OS. Crap OS and no apps at all..Android is best OS and has gr8 apps.

If you use gmail and gtalk a lot then Android is for you (apart from many other reasons why to choose Android)

I have dumped my windows phone for Galaxy S.

Speaking about music quality , Galaxy S and SL are AWESOME ONLY if you pair it with 3rd party headphones. cauz stock headsets sucks and i have given it to my raddi wala on 1st day itself.

Using creative headphones that came with my lappy and sound is AWESOME.

OP
rakesh3k2

rakesh3k2

^^ No flash & no AMOLED.

I think I've already suggested you that handset.

Oh I was not knowing that Samsung Glaxy SL and Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 ..are same..!! I thought its a new mobile..!! Newaze thanks for the help guys..!!

But I am still in confusion...hoping for new mobiles to come in the market in the month of April...!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Till that time the desire s will be available for 20K appox and normal desire also will be priced below 20k by that time...

OP
rakesh3k2

rakesh3k2

Till that time the desire s will be available for 20K appox and normal desire also will be priced below 20k by that time...

Is it so...then I can wait for it..!!
But I want to buy in April any how because I have been waiting from since 3 months for good mobiles to come in the market..!

I am finally deciding for Samsung Galaxy SL but if Desire or Desire S comes in my range...then again I will be confused...and try to get the best deal.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it so...then I can wait for it..!!
But I want to buy in April any how because I have been waiting from since 3 months for good mobiles to come in the market..!

That is the problem with mobiles. You wait for the price to come down for one particular model and there would be tens of other models with better features available in the market. You'll be again in a dilemma.

Better get a handset now that you feel is more suitable for you.

aroraanant

Explorer
Totally agree with webgeius
Just make ur mind that when you need to buy the handset i.e. u want it today or after a month,and when you are done with it...Then see which phones are available that time and buy one which u like the most
At this time u can also buy Desire it is priced around 21K i guess.So it is around ur budget.Go for it buddy n i m sure u will love it.
And when in real u will use samsung/lg/nokia and HTC phones side by side, u will notice how good HTC products are

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
I am in the same dilemma, My max budget is 20k to spend on an Android phone, was initially thinking of the wave II but decided against it as I don't want to regret later about not buying an android! Problem is between 16000 to 20000 there is not much of a choice! The Ace really doesn't fit my bill cause of the low resolution screen, no HD video etc. The only 2 options are the Motorola Defy and Samsung Galaxy SL, I have my mind set on the SL but I'm a bit shaky because even though it has been launched just a month or so back, it still is based on the galaxy S which is in the next 2 months going to be a previous generation phone, so I'm a little worried about future upgrades etc, I might get 2.3 but what about after that? The new generation android seem to be coming but I don't see anything worthy in that price range, the Neo is out of budget.

What would you guys suggest I do? Any point waiting or should I go for the SL eyes closed?

(BTW i owned an X10 before this but had to sell it)

Top Bottom