1. Budget?
15-17k

2. Display type and size?

4"

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).

Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Presence of Flash would be good but not essential as I don't use cam much.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G, Wifi.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Flash for browser. GPS.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Communication :), gaming.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Yeah, Samsung Galaxy SL I9003, either from here:-
Samsung Galaxy S i9003 Android, 2.2 Froyo | eBay

or here:-
Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL - adexmart

12. Any other info that you want to share
Open to suggestions. Noob as far as Android goes, so would like to know how far can I upgrade, both officially and unofficially. Also the procedure for the same. Also would like to know about apps and ROMs.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
I think beside Galaxy s you should really look to SE Neo V, It has Screen Size of 3.7, I know you said 4 but this is new phone comparing to Galaxy s and it got everything you need . And it is confirmed it will get Android 4 (Ice cream sandwich). well I got this news from an sales Executive in SE Showroom.. (not so trustworthy). But their are very bright chances it will Get ICS

clmlbx

Technomancer
I guess It might get .. because "hardware manufacturers agreed to support devices through 3 o/s cycles"'

So Galaxy s was released with 2.1,the it got updated to 2.2 and then 2.3 so if 2.4 (android 4) Comes to Galaxy s then it will be it's last Official Update.

let's wait what other's has to say

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was my first stop. ;) But in adexmart and ebay, its cheaper by 600 bucks. Any other suggestion?

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't have much faith on Motorola. :( Are they good? What are the advantages over the I9003 except price?

clmlbx

Technomancer
defy is best phone under 15K mark. above that no way .you can consider Defy+ buy why if you already have Samsung and Sony Ericsson. In India Motorola's resale is not good at all.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
You have selected 2 good models.

The price you have for Galaxy S is amazingly good and def a must buy. I think the galaxy S may get the ICS update. However if the manufacturer doesn't come up with an official one, you can always get an unofficial upgrade.

Since you have the budget, I would also suggest you to wait for Defy Plus. The current defy is also a very good and a sturdy model. But it's worth waiting for the defy plus. It is already released in Western Europe and should hit the stores in India soon.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waiting means mid November max. Is the Defy Plus just around the corner? And is Motorola better than Samsung?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if defy+ is priced higher by even Re.1 for similar mobiles from Sammy & SE, simply ignore it. i have a feeling it'll cost 18k or more. also other than a 200Mhz clock everythings the same. even the cam looks the same.

instead wait for Galaxy W. it just uses a turbo version of the Scorpion 8255 but the 400Mhz will help to add to the smoothness. maybe better graphics performance if the on-die GPU is clocked higher too.

Anish

Spectre
And is Motorola better than Samsung?

Motorola is a good reputed electronic Industry and defy is a best buy phone.
BTW, why dont you consider HTC desire? (I am not trying to stir your thoughts.. But its HTC!!)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
if defy+ is priced higher by even Re.1 for similar mobiles from Sammy & SE, simply ignore it. i have a feeling it'll cost 18k or more. also other than a 200Mhz clock everythings the same. even the cam looks the same.

instead wait for Galaxy W. it just uses a turbo version of the Scorpion 8255 but the 400Mhz will help to add to the smoothness. maybe better graphics performance if the on-die GPU is clocked higher too.

When will Galaxy W be released? Anytime soon?

clmlbx

Technomancer
In short in my opinion u can choose any 1 between Galaxy s and Neo V .. I would have gone for Neo V as it is newer Phone. If to you screen size matters lot then go for Galaxy s.

Other then two, I don't know if their is even a phone to consider ..

Edit : yes Galaxy W is definitely better then both phones on paper at least.. It is supposed to be released this month only..

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In short in my opinion u can choose any 1 between Galaxy s and Neo V .. I would have gone for Neo V as it is newer Phone. If to you screen size matters lot then go for Galaxy s.

Other then two, I don't know if their is even a phone to consider ..

Edit : yes Galaxy W is definitely better then both phones on paper at least.. It is supposed to be released this month only..

Any idea about the initial price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom