An Android Phone within 15-17K

Status
Not open for further replies.

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
if defy+ is priced higher by even Re.1 for similar mobiles from Sammy & SE, simply ignore it. i have a feeling it'll cost 18k or more. also other than a 200Mhz clock everythings the same. even the cam looks the same.

instead wait for Galaxy W. it just uses a turbo version of the Scorpion 8255 but the 400Mhz will help to add to the smoothness. maybe better graphics performance if the on-die GPU is clocked higher too.

defy got 1530 MAh battery, defy+ has 1730 MAh, 720 p HD recording that only some lucky red lens can get with defy and IP67 certification

and gingerbread upgrade and ICS upgrade in 1st q of 2012 for sure

ujjwal321

Journeyman
go for galaxy S if you don't want a descent camera.. everything else is great in that phone.. screen is gorgeous and it is a big advantage to have a bigger display..

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Camera is not so important to me. I can live without flash and all, but yeah, with everything remaining constant won't mind a bit of extra. ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
defy got 1530 MAh battery, defy+ has 1730 MAh, 720 p HD recording that only some lucky red lens can get with defy and IP67 certification

and gingerbread upgrade and ICS upgrade in 1st q of 2012 for sure

compare it to Galaxy W & Neo V. those are the only direct competitors of Defy+

Galaxy W & Neo V both got 720p video recording which Defy+ doesn't have & its better not to bring in some red lens thing as those are all based on luck & then you need to do some modification to allow 720p recording.

both the other 2 have front cam, defy+ again misses out on that.

Neo V & Galaxy W will get ICS update too (at least) & so will Defy. but custom roms are always available so that doesn't matter that much.

Defy+ ships will a slightly larger battery so theoretically it should get a bit more backup. but the Blur thing should definitely be replaced by something else. or just go stock.
lastly, Galaxy W have a higher clocked proccy. so it kind of cancels out each other's unique features.

thats why i told that Defy+ should not be considered if its priced higher than V & W. and i have recommended more Defy than Ace or Xperia Mini/Pro :smile:

I would suggest Neo V due to the camera quality, hdmi, usb OTG and superb display. I have seen it, and I must say the display is far superior that Galaxy S Amoled. The Bravia engine makes the color super natural as compared to Galaxy S which is just good in black gradient, and the sound quality of Neo V is top notch.

Galaxy S/SL sound sucks even after voodoo patch as compared to Neo V.

Dont go for Galaxy SL, until you ONLY need a 4" screen and looks of Galaxy S. If you can use 3.7' screen, I would suggest to go for Xperia Neo V. Outta the box, it comes with hdmi cable, and features like Android 2.3.4, USB OTG, 3D panaroma mode, and hd video recording which satisfies most of the needs of a end customer.

Regarding the Android update, Neo V officially comes with Android 2.3.4 which is questionable for Galaxy SL . Sony has officially announced that all Xperia phones will atleast get the next update which would be ICS.

Whereas, Galaxy SL is shipped with froyo, and I think officially the last update would be Gingerbread.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Noob question: what's this voodoo patch?

BTW, the internal memory of both SE Xperia Neo V & Ray seem less than required. Don't want to spend a penny on memory cards as I already have a couple of spare 1gb microSD cards. And definitely I would like to have my apps on internal mem only. Besides, what's the hardware spec of Neo V & Ray? Couldn't find it.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ why do you want your apps on Internal Memory.. ?and after Froyo you can install apps in Card. and with android, their will be lot of Apps. (On my symbian I have 25-30 apps ) with this good screen you can buy at least 4 Gb card, that Won't be much Costly..

You should not buy Ray it just has Screen Size of 3.3, Here is

Neo V vs Galaxy S

Neo V vs Galaxy W

Galaxy S vs Galaxy W

But did you inquire about Samsung Galaxy W, It might be available,

1. Samsung Galaxy W
2. SE Neo V
3. Samsung Galaxy S

Last edited:

pratheekb96

Unemployed
Samsung galaxy S plus recently launched but unfortunately price is arnd 22k....shud come dwn tho...

as for nw definetly go for SE neo man...hw many more ppl do u need to tell u the same thing again and again?? =P

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ why do you want your apps on Internal Memory.. ?and after Froyo you can install apps in Card. and with android, their will be lot of Apps. (On my symbian I have 25-30 apps ) with this good screen you can buy at least 4 Gb card, that Won't be much Costly..

You should not buy Ray it just has Screen Size of 3.3, Here is

Neo V vs Galaxy S

Neo V vs Galaxy W

Galaxy S vs Galaxy W

But did you inquire about Samsung Galaxy W, It might be available,

1. Samsung Galaxy W
2. SE Neo V
3. Samsung Galaxy S

I simply don't want to invest in another mem card, regardless of its price. Already have 3-4 1gb cards lying around. Might carry a bit of music in one of them with my new phone, that's it. Also, the original Galaxy S with Super AMOLED screen is not available anymore, i am looking for Galaxy SL. And it has a better battery than Neo V.

Samsung galaxy S plus recently launched but unfortunately price is arnd 22k....shud come dwn tho...

as for nw definetly go for SE neo man...hw many more ppl do u need to tell u the same thing again and again?? =P

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

No one is telling what's wrong with Galaxy S. :) And service? Don't know where Sony Service Centre is in Patna. And regarding Sony's service, have very bad experience once several years earlier. And father used to have a SE phone some years back with 5 digit price tag (forget model no.). The phone neither look that costly, had very poor sound level and generally was not good. :(
I do know Android has changed the situation (example, LG), but still a bit shaky to go for SE. I really need a strong enough reason to let go the extra screen space and much more accessible service of Samsung.

Last edited:
I simply don't want to invest in another mem card, regardless of its price. Already have 3-4 1gb cards lying around. Might carry a bit of music in one of them with my new phone, that's it. Also, the original Galaxy S with Super AMOLED screen is not available anymore, i am looking for Galaxy SL. And it has a better battery than Neo V.

No one is telling what's wrong with Galaxy S. :) And service? Don't know where Sony Service Centre is in Patna. And regarding Sony's service, have very bad experience once several years earlier. And father used to have a SE phone some years back with 5 digit price tag (forget model no.). The phone neither look that costly, had very poor sound level and generally was not good. :(
I do know Android has changed the situation (example, LG), but still a bit shaky to go for SE. I really need a strong enough reason to let go the extra screen space and much more accessible service of Samsung.

Dont know how can u define Galaxy SL has better battery, its not just the specs of battery which makes the diff, but hardware, android version etc too play an important role here. Galaxy SL sucks in terms of build quality.

For the second part, where does Galaxy S comes? I guess you are asking about SL, whats wrong ? Havent u read all above what has been shared by all? It sound quality is ok, not so good, camera is better in Neo with the features like panorama, 3D etc. hardware wise both are same except some say SL has better GPU but I think its questionable too. Havent seen real benchmark stuff for Andreno 205. SL screen cant be compared with Neo V led screen which includes bravia engine. SL has bigger screen compared to Neo however Neo is using official GB version 2.3.4 and chances are better it will get ICS coz its new phone.

From my experience LG sucks, someone else would say SE sucks or even Samsung. That your choice to choose SE/Samsung product or not. No one is forcing you.

I feel Neo V looks much better than Galaxy SL, (You love showoff) and if u wanna showoff high end phone, why not buy an iPhone chinese duplicate? :p

Lastly, if you have made up ur mind to go for Galaxy SL. Please dont waste time of others. :p

Btw: Good luck with your upcoming Galaxy SL.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont know how can u define Galaxy SL has better battery, its not just the specs of battery which makes the diff, but hardware, android version etc too play an important role here. Galaxy SL sucks in terms of build quality.

of course, all i know is the spec of battery, and that's why i have said battery, not battery life.

For the second part, where does Galaxy S comes? I guess you are asking about SL, whats wrong ? Havent u read all above what has been shared by all? It sound quality is ok, not so good, camera is better in Neo with the features like panorama, 3D etc. hardware wise both are same except some say SL has better GPU but I think its questionable too. Havent seen real benchmark stuff for Andreno 205. SL screen cant be compared with Neo V led screen which includes bravia engine.

yeah, that's a mistake, its Galaxy SL, not S. regarding camera, i have already stated in the starting post, that camera specs are not that essential. hardware wise there's little to differentiate. neither the reviews throw much light on which to choose. sony is a bit cheaper with lesser screen space (with arguably better screen, from whatever feedback i get) and lesser internal memory. so its basically coming down to personal choice from what i get.

SL has bigger screen compared to Neo however Neo is using official GB version 2.3.4 and chances are better it will get ICS coz its new phone.
Is it a big deal in Android world if a phone doesn't get official update? Or to ask differently, which phone has the best custom ROM support? I am asking actually.

From my experience LG sucks, someone else would say SE sucks or even Samsung. That your choice to choose SE/Samsung product or not. No one is forcing you.
I don't have any experience of LG phones, but with the success of O1, they must have done something right. It can't be fluke.

I feel Neo V looks much better than Galaxy SL, (You love showoff) and if u wanna showoff high end phone, why not buy an iPhone chinese duplicate? :p
Thanks for your valuable advice. BTW, I also feel Neo looks better.

Lastly, if you have made up ur mind to go for Galaxy SL. Please dont waste time of others. :p

Btw: Good luck with your upcoming Galaxy SL.

Please read my first post again. I have clearly stated I am a bit inclined for Samsung Galaxy SL but open to suggestions. From the online shops, it was clear to me there's only 3 phone to consider, Galaxy SL, Defy and Neo V. So far, this post hasn't changed that situation. I would have loved to see all three side by side and physically compare them, but I know its not possible here. As I don't follow development in mobile phone technology much, and I am not that much updated (even this was also mentioned in my first post), so some suggestions might be helpful. All I want is a Android phone with good features and performance, which should last me for as many years as possible, and will allow me to customize and learn and have fun as much as possible.

And lastly why are you wasting time reading and typing what you feel useless? ;)

Last edited:
All I want is a Android phone with good features and performance, which should last me for as many years as possible, and will allow me to customize and learn and have fun as much as possible.

And lastly why are you wasting time reading and typing what you feel useless? ;)

I said about others :p I should write why wasting time of asking suggesting from "us" which would include me too. lol Do you get what exactly I meant. :grin:

Now be a good boy and buy Galaxy SL :p

Dont take it as big hearted feelings man, you don't pay me anything, or I am not receiving any. Its just to help you guys choose a wise opinion, and my opinion was based on as I have tested both the phones, coz my off friends are using it. Real experience counts a lot, as compared to checking reviews etc.

Personally, I don't owe any of the phones and I am not interested in Android at all :p. I am using iPhone4 and I am quite happy with it.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Purchase deferred till next month. Mods close the thread for now. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom