An android phone for a GIRL with a budget of 22k(MAX)

Dark Prince

Broken In
1. Budget?
22k(MAX)

2. Display type and size?
a 4" minimum display

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Prefer Samsung,Sony,HTC and maybe motorola if i have due to the fact that they are shutting down their operations in india

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type)
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
5MP camera + Flash and a fron facing camera at least

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G+Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
FLASH and GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Camera, music,games,movies and internet.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia S and P,Galaxy Nexus,Atrix 2

12. Any other info that you want to share
The drawbacks of Xperia S and p are the very low battery lives. Nexus has no warranty.My friend had one.He faced some problems with the charging point slot.He had major issues trying to get it fixed in mumbai as no one was ready to get their hands into trying to fix it.I don't mind getting it though but could not find any reliable and affordable sources for it(as long as i have the assurance that i can get it fixed in bangalore if i face any hardware issues).I even considered the Samsung galaxy S2 but when compared to Xperia S due to the same cost, i just left it out.Also would go ahead with the ATRIX 2 but the locked bootloader and chances of MOTOROLA holding me back are the things holding me back.
I wish to buy the phone ASAP for my GIRLFRIEND,so the entire confusion as I wanna avoid hassles later.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
xperia s..though the battery provided to it is low for HD screen, u can get portable travel charger..will she be able to handle 4"+ display??

OP
D

Dark Prince

Broken In
xperia s..though the battery provided to it is low for HD screen, u can get portable travel charger..will she be able to handle 4"+ display??

the phone size is not a problem
just that the cost for it is 25k+(higher than my budget)
any chances of getting it cheaper???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
the phone size is not a problem
just that the cost for it is 25k+(higher than my budget)
any chances of getting it cheaper???
Other than that Galaxy S Advance is the choice(it will also get Jelly Bean Android)

Xperia S was 24.9k at flipkart couple of days back if I'm not wrong.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Extend your budget a bit and you'll get some serious performers:

Galaxy SII comes for little higher than that price but is a proven performer. (Rs. 24k)

Another great choice is LG Nexus 4, which should exceed your budget, but its the fastest Android your money can buy. (Around Rs. 25-27k)

OP
D

Dark Prince

Broken In
Other than that Galaxy S Advance is the choice(it will also get Jelly Bean Android)

Xperia S was 24.9k at flipkart couple of days back if I'm not wrong.

yes the xperia is for around 25k which is slightly over my budget and since my GF's team mate already has it,it is my last choice

about the S advance,last i heard was that it had a few issues regarding signal strength and/or call related issues...can anyone confirm that

any comments on the atrix 2????

Extend your budget a bit and you'll get some serious performers:

Galaxy SII comes for little higher than that price but is a proven performer. (Rs. 24k)

Another great choice is LG Nexus 4, which should exceed your budget, but its the fastest Android your money can buy. (Around Rs. 25-27k)

yes that is correct but it is overpriced when you compare it with xperia S
but that is definitely one of the phones that i am leaning towards
also i cannot wait for nexus 4 nor can i afford it(i would like to wait asnd afford though)

guys can you please comment on the galaxy nexus and atrix 2...

OP
D

Dark Prince

Broken In
i apologize for not mentioning earlier that the phone will be rooted for custom roms n stuff so developer support would be a biiiig plus point

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i apologize for not mentioning earlier that the phone will be rooted for custom roms n stuff so developer support would be a biiiig plus point

get LG nexus 4 as advised by samarth. The phone has max support from DEV community, else try getting a old legacy device. like HT desire HD....

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
and any phone you buy in that range except a few will have moderate battery life and that is because of the hardware, rest assured a good custom rom can increase battery life by leaps and bounds.

i have a xperia u and with a custom rom battery lasts 2 days on normal usage.....

Remember though it doesn't have valid warranty in India.(as it will be imported)

i think they(seller) gives 1yr seller warranty, so if anything goes wrong they replace your piece free of cost...?

OP
D

Dark Prince

Broken In
i dint understand that !~!!

what did you not understand???:-?

The bad reviews about real short battery life of Xperia S and P is what is making me think against it

The Nexus 4 is expensive and plus i wish to buy the phone in the next 2 days or so as it is going to be a birthday present

can anyone please comment on the atrix 2?

currently these are the phones being considered and the priority is in the order mentioned

1. Galaxy Nexus from E-bay for 23k approx
2. Motorola Atrix 2 for 18.5k approx from flipkart
3. Samsung galaxy S2 available locally for 24k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
the question is..does warranty matter to u or not..if not..then nexus, atrix 2..both are great phones..also look at LG optimus l9..

OP
D

Dark Prince

Broken In
the question is..does warranty matter to u or not..if not..then nexus, atrix 2..both are great phones..also look at LG optimus l9..

warranty will not hold true for any phone once it is rooted.please correct me if i am wrong.
all i want to be sure of is that if there are any problems,then they can be fixed here(in bangalore) without any headaches(and by paying ofcourse)
about the optimus L9,it is a freshly launched product.I don't want to be the one reporting the newly found bugs in it :p
it is a great choice though
of the nexus and atrix 2, which one would be better considering the fact that motorola is supposed to be moving out of india?
also does atrix 2 not have indian warranty??
sorry for the stupid question
i ask cos flipkart has listed atrix 2 but not nexus
and if my assumption is right then flipkart only lists officially launched products

perplexed

Journeyman
FOr a girl I would say looks would matter more than the computing power.. see if I had to give a cell to my girl, I would give her Xperia P. It has killer looks, decent battery life, good computing power and overall a comparatively newer/flashy design..

No way in hell I am gonna give Galaxy S advance.. too fcuking old .. nothing particular to ***** about it.. PERIOD !!

Top Bottom