AMD's new series of processors

Cilus

laborare est orare
3 new processors have been launched by AMD. They are
1. Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition - 3.7 GHz Turbo Core / 3.3 GHz base (265 USD)
2. Phenom II X2 565 Black Edition - 3.4 GHz (115 USD)
3. Athlon II X3 455 processor - 3.3 GHz (87 USD)

Among them, as usual the most interesting is the hexa core monster X6 1100T. Check out the review in guru3d. You surely will get some surprise after seeing it performance. In all the test it is just after Core i7 975, and beating all the other i7s (except memory read/write).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I think the performance is close to 950 which was not there in the test except for the memory benchmarks you mentioned. But it offers tremendous vfm and also is a be edition.

Guess if priced at 14k, it will be highly recommendable.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think they have revised their Turbo Core technology and somehow increased the memory bandwidth.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
1090T - $235. Converted is 11750 @ Rs 50/$.
Thats kinda close to the real price of 1090T in India.

So 1100T is $265 - Rs13250.

:D :twisted:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ nice comeback by AMD. i feel this is the demo, full version next yr. i know Intel will throw its entire army at AMD but if AMD able beat Intel, there won't be a more shameful moment for them in History. getting beaten by a competitor that just got around 15% marketshare to ~85% by Intel.

rajan1311

Padawan
err guys there is nothing new in these chips...just a speed bump over the 1090T...I would get a 1055T for Rs8k over this any day....

There was never a huge/noticeable difference in gaming against the i7,only when you get a multi gpu setup will you see the advantage of the i7, else you will almost always get a gpu bottleneck,right?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
err guys there is nothing new in these chips...just a speed bump over the 1090T...I would get a 1055T for Rs8k over this any day....

There was never a huge/noticeable difference in gaming against the i7,only when you get a multi gpu setup will you see the advantage of the i7, else you will almost always get a gpu bottleneck,right?

1) Did you read the review.

2) Yep you are right.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes,,,,,, but originally 1055T was selling for 11k. the price came down cause of these new chips only. but 1 thing i noticed was the power consumption. 1100T consumes less power than 1090T. way less at IDLE & maybe less at load too, didn't payed much attention there.

also the 1100T made the rest of the hexa cores cheaper & pushed them into budget territory.

rajan1311

Padawan
nah dude, the prices came down around a month back...before that it was 9.5k..

1) Did you read the review.

2) Yep you are right.

please quote the lines, yes, i did read the review here and at many other sites as well. Did not see anyone telling that there is any change in architecture.

Last edited:
OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, architecture change is a completely different thing and it does not occur so often. But their are other small on-die or on-chip changes which can improve performance and AMD is putting it. Example is better TDP, which means the processor will run cooler and consumes less electricity and hence good have good OC potential. Similarly for adjusting the Turbo Core with a more optimized logic does not need any architecture change. I think AMD has improved it also.
There are lot of other ways like increasing L2/L3 cache size etc.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
please quote the lines, yes, i did read the review here and at many other sites as well. Did not see anyone telling that there is any change in architecture.

What I was saying was that yes you are right that CPU differences don't matter much at higher res and eye candy as shown by the review. Hence the "Did you read the review".

Nothing personal ;-)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ nice comeback by AMD. i feel this is the demo, full version next yr. i know Intel will throw its entire army at AMD but if AMD able beat Intel, there won't be a more shameful moment for them in History. getting beaten by a competitor that just got around 15% marketshare to ~85% by Intel.

That will be a historic moment but can also end up in dreams.Amd is targetting value customers in its fusion apu's but how well it can do computation tasks has to be seen. In graphical scenarios the bulldozer may beat the sandybridge proccy's but in pure processsing prowess it has to be seen who comes on top.

Sandybridge launches next month and from initial previews, it appears they will be very powerful than lynnfield. Only time will tell , so until then just wait and watch.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i guess it'll be semi-historic-dream. AMD beat Intel in entry level processors. tie in midrange. Intel steal limelight with WORLD's FASTEST PROCESSOR.

Piyush

Lanaya
^ya
intel always comes up with these things to turn things around
plus they advertise too much...

Top Bottom