AMD Phenom II x6 + AMD 890 Chipset MoBo

MAHAPATRA

Right off the assembly line
Hi Team,

I am trying to upgrade my system and much interested in AMD series.

My requirement is basically is around high end business analytical tools and analysis. Also multi-processing which it includes excel/access, SQL/Oracle, multi-interactive dashboard reporting tools with huge range of data processing at same time.
Second, HD HTPC feature to be there as I have 32' Sony LCD TV with Sony 5.1 Home Theatre, so if PC config can be utilise for this also purpose with HD video encoding.

I hope the config should at least a year or two of future proof .

I have LCD monitor, DVD drive and Altec Lansing PC speakers - I need help for the rest of the essential ones.

My local vendor suggested me the following:
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
Corsair VX450W SMPS
Cooler Master Elite 430
Kingston 2GB 1333 DDR3

Please advise the above config suffice my requirement or any amendments are needed.

Also I need to add anything else to above config list, please do me know.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 20000 - 25000K

4. Planning to overclock?

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1TB atleast

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: HD resolution, 18" LCD monitor + 32" Sony Bravia LCD TV

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Max within 3 months

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Yes - LCD monitor, DVD drive and Altec Lansing PC speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Gurgaon

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: No

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regards,
Vinay Mahapatra

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
No point in going for amd in the high end segment at the moment. Intel sandybridge and 1155 is the best platform currently with improved throughput and better scaling across pci-e.

Talk about future proofing , 1155 motherboards will also support upcoming 22nm ivybridge processors in hexcore and octacore avatars.

So fill the questionnaire template and we will suggest you the best sandybridge config.

OP
M

MAHAPATRA

Right off the assembly line
PC Build Questionnaire Template added

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 20000 - 25000K

4. Planning to overclock?

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1TB atleast

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: HD resolution, 18" LCD monitor + 32" Sony Bravia LCD TV

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Max within 3 months

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Yes - LCD monitor, DVD drive and Altec Lansing PC speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Gurgaon

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

Thanks and Regards,
Vinay Mahapatra

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Component | Make | Price Processor |i5 2400|9500
Motherboard |DH67VR|4500
RAM |Corsair value 2*2GB|2200
HDD |Seagate 1TB |2600
Case |CM Elite 310|1500
PSU |FSP Saga ii 350|1400
KB & Mouse |Logitech MK100|500
UPS |APC 600va|1800
Total ||24000

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@mahapatra, u said u will be going to overclock...r u really planning to OC? If yes then u'll need to spend more money for intel rig since above system is not capable to OC the proccy..

To OC, u will need:
Sandy bridge k proccy i.e. i5 2500k @ 11.5k
P67 based motherboard of any one from intel, asus, gigabyte or msi @ > 9k
Good cooler @ > 2k
Better cabinet for proper ventilation and air flow like CM elite 430 @ 2.5k
PSU FSP Saga II 500w @ 2.5k if u buy gfx later i.e. future proof

So tell us if u really planning to OC

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The config given by mailme.manju is very good except for the psu. Don't go for a paltry 350w psu as it leaves fewer upgrade paths. Get the fsp saga II 500 instead by paying 1k extra. Really worth the money. The processor is fast enough and doesn't need overclocking.
Go for it:smile:.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The config given by mailme.manju is very good except for the psu. Don't go for a paltry 350w psu as it leaves fewer upgrade paths. Get the fsp saga II 500 instead by paying 1k extra. Really worth the money. The processor is fast enough and doesn't need overclocking.
Go for it:smile:.

yep changing the psu to fsp saga ii 500 should do...
My bad...

Piyush

Lanaya
OP can even go for zebronics bijli if CM 310 is not available
its priced at 1k or so and is good cabinet
and FSP saga II 500W costs 2.2k at max

Top Bottom