Amd phenom 955 cpu fan throttling before shutdown!!

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
hello guys!!

i am facing a unique problem with my stock cpu fan

many a time when i shutdown/standby my system the cpu fan suddenly throttles to full speed and then shutsdown

it happens even when the temps are normal

my temps
idle-35 load-51

it is totally random

the system was oced to 3.4 via asus cpu levelup, but it happens even after disabling it

kindly help

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can you post 2 CPU_Z tab. 1st with the system in idle & the 2nd one with the system in load so all 4 cores are running at their rated clock speed.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so cool&quite is doing its job fine & the sound comes only in time of shutting down & that also sometimes.

missed 1 important point. can this be due to Asus Q-fan?

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@vamsi_krishna

yes it is for a sec. or two before shutting down, its just like when you blip the throttle of a bike

@Sam.Shab

will try disabling it and then report, but i highly doubt it

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I will get this thing as well. Not all the time, but some times.

I just ignore it, thinking that, may be CPU temps are high, as it is shutting down ( possible load). So, fan starts to accelerate. And it might continue, but.. as it is a shutdown process, Fan has to stop. So, we will hear it for a brief period.

Don't know if my conspiracy theory is correct. But, thats what I think.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
i monitor cpu temps through hw monitor and many a times when this throttling happens the cpu temps are normal!!

do you also have an 955 with stock cooler?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Does it spin up rapid when you initiate a shut down from the OS, OR it spins up hyper and the system crash shut downs..?

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
not while initiating the shutdown, but second or do before the system powers down totally

it happens on normal system shutdowns and system also shutsdown properly

Top Bottom