AMD phenom 2 940 shocking SALE around the WORLD

E 5200 is gr8 overclocker , No doubt , i agree !!

Whats the Difference AMD phenom 2 940 & AMD phenom 2 945 i guess DDR3 ?? any other difference
DDR3 alone makes GR8 difference. And 945 is NOT black edition. 940 is.
Better than 945 is 2 wait for 925 which will have 95W TDP. SWEET.

Anyway, the reason people go to 940 is to buy the MOST powerful AMD DDR2 CPU ever but its still cheap enough to be affordable by the masses and also is a black edition.

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
There had been some issues raising from AMD is When AMD combined with ATI graphics card gives better performance But when it is used with Nvidia card the performance is not that much when it is compared with the ATI card ???

Is it true ??

There had been some issues raising from AMD is When AMD combined with ATI graphics card gives better performance But when it is used with Nvidia card the performance is not that much when it is compared with the ATI card ???

Is it true ??
Lies. Plain Lies.

The only (if you call it an issue) issue is that ATI has stopped manufacturing chipsets for Intel CPUs. If it made 780G for Intel, AMD would have gone bankrupt :lol:

Krow

Crowman
^^^ Yup. Those are lies. If nVidia cards wouldnt work well with AMD CPU's, then, well, AMD would lose a lot of potential CPU buyers. AMD wouldnt want this to happen, would it?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
but ATi cards cud work in CFX config coupled with a 790gx/fx/x mobo, which gives bout 20~30% boost. And sor some chipsets, u can even use the onboard display ports too like DVI, HDMI if u use an ATi card.

utsav

damn busy...
"Saab, aap ko pata nahi kya ? AMD mein overheating hothi hai..."

"AMD is only for gamers. Don't buy it."

"7750 Black Edition ? Yeh kis edition ki baath kar rahe hai aap ? Intel E8600 aie hai. Latest hai. Lenge to baad mein nahi pachtaaoge. Sasta hardware sirf do saal mein mar jathi hai"

"Quad Core ? Q6600 lo. Do Saal se bik rahi hai. Abhi tak kutch bhi complaint nahi aiye hai. Yeh phenom sab patha nahi kaise hai. Baad mai pachtana nahi hai toh Q6600 lo."

"Intel Original 945 Chipset motherboard lo. Ye sabse achi bikhti hai. Demand kabhi bhi nahi kum hogi. Latest product hai saaab! Intel Original hai to achi hai."

The usual attitude of the Indian "babus" who own computer shops. Only the emergence of modern online retailers in India has resulted in people being more aware of what they are buying.

But a majority still end up buying 945GC boards which are the only things available easily in smaller cities.

i am hunting for a good lappy these days and yesterday i went to a lenovo showroom and told him to show me all lappies wid discrete graphics, he said bhaiyya laptop mei discrete graphis card nehi ata , sab onboard hi ata hai kyuki laptop mei itni jagah hi nehi hoti ki koi graphics card fit hojaye :shock: .

i pointed out a model to him which had 8400GS 512MB discrete graphics and he said nehi woh bhi ONBOARD hi hai :-| , sab laptops mei onlboard ata hai aap maan kyu nehi rahe ho. he was then giving a wicked smile as if am a fool out thr n00b abt laptops, i was feeling like to break his teeth :-x .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ROFLMAO. Report to Lenovo about this guy giving false information. And make the call from that store itself. Then you give a wicked smile :)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It's really hard to find a decent GPU in laptops sold in India. Most people buy laptops with Intel GPU's and couldn't care less so they don't bother to stock high end models.

What is even worse is the lack of screen resolution options. I couldn't find a single 15.4" screen that was higher than 1280x800 anywhere barring Dell online where you pay upwards of 9k to upgrade from 720p to 1080p.

utsav

damn busy...
^^Actually thats partially true. The GPUs are solderd ONTO the motherboards and can't usually be removed. Except for particular models.

i did used the term SOLDERED and said GPUs in lappies r soldered on board and told them that DEDICATED GRAPHICS MEMORY wala laptop dikha bhai jisme nvidia ya ati ka graphics ho but he was adamant to his onboard Term, :|

what was more funny was that he was a EXCLUSIVE LENOVO SHOWROOM dealer and he was also having Dell Vostro lappies for demo in his showroom :lol: , exploiting the word Exclusive :lol:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@drvarunmehta
when i bought xps m1530, it was just 2.5k upgrade from 1280 to 1400. and there option for 1680 for another 2k. but 1680*1050 isnt worth for a 15" screen.

Krow

Crowman
I heard nvidia lappy gfx are failing quite a bit, giving laptop companies quite a headache...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, saw a large page related to it on dell site. it says ready replacement for some followed symptoms, like no display, horizontal/vertical lines on display, artifacts and lot other. I didnt face any.

Krow

Crowman
Such things become a real headache for consumers, especially those who buy a laptop so that they can carry all their work around everywhere. I know how much I hate Seagate for selling me a bad make of the 7200.11 500GB. Nw even whenI have the replacement, I make sure every byte of data is backed up with at least 2 frnds or in 2 DVD's! Can't imagine the look on ppls faces when their screen suddenly went black,etc.

When are assembled laptops gonna b available? I'd like a lot more freedom in choosing my chipset if i were 2 get a lappy!

@ utsav LOL!

Top Bottom