AMD phenom 2 940 shocking SALE around the WORLD

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
As NEWEGG , TIGER DIRECT & many online and retail shops with in these two months one processor had mad lot of sale the PROCESSOR is "AMD PHENOM 2 940" newegg and direct had price of $189 before 1 months Newegg sold 1000CPU within 25 days in the USA

As in india the processor is now 10K , as we have in mind the gaming config with in 40K we all go for AMD phenom 2 940.

the lowest price of phenom 2 940 had hit the market in USA before 2 months so the processor is the hottest Selling BUDGET processor in the computer market .

No processor had sold in NEWEGG as Phenom 2 940 with in 25days of 1000CPU thats remarkable .

Intel had never dropped the price of the processor but still , INDIA holds intel market :evil: AMD phenom 2 940 not that much expected sale in INDIA :evil: thats ridiculous -- according to my distributor says Till Quad means everyone is going for Q6600 .

AMD holds the poor marketing in INDIA !! But all over the World phenom 2 is making large sale on the processor .

"Saab, aap ko pata nahi kya ? AMD mein overheating hothi hai..."

"AMD is only for gamers. Don't buy it."

"7750 Black Edition ? Yeh kis edition ki baath kar rahe hai aap ? Intel E8600 aie hai. Latest hai. Lenge to baad mein nahi pachtaaoge. Sasta hardware sirf do saal mein mar jathi hai"

"Quad Core ? Q6600 lo. Do Saal se bik rahi hai. Abhi tak kutch bhi complaint nahi aiye hai. Yeh phenom sab patha nahi kaise hai. Baad mai pachtana nahi hai toh Q6600 lo."

"Intel Original 945 Chipset motherboard lo. Ye sabse achi bikhti hai. Demand kabhi bhi nahi kum hogi. Latest product hai saaab! Intel Original hai to achi hai."

The usual attitude of the Indian "babus" who own computer shops. Only the emergence of modern online retailers in India has resulted in people being more aware of what they are buying.

But a majority still end up buying 945GC boards which are the only things available easily in smaller cities.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and also the case of customers who never accept new things in life.

Margo soap, Clinic plus shampoo, Colgate brush, Intel processor :)

Krow

Crowman
^^^ LOL!!! :D U r damn funny man!

@ MetalheadGautham Even I got the Intel "original" D101GGC board last time with P4 when Athlon woulda bin much better for me! My shopkeeper told me that " Yeh baaki chipset waale bhi hote hain, par unka maal kharaab ho sakta hai. Isiliye Intel ORIGINAL motherboard hi lo! ". I was stuck with a board with no OC support, only 2 slots of ddr1 ram, when a D102GGC woulda atleast had DDR2 support! That woulda saved me an upgrade now!

Krow

Crowman
ATM I'm doing my best to get evry1 to buy AMD man. You TDF members cleared my misconceptions abt AMD and hence I got the best bang for my buck! Already, some digitans have the 940BE. Myself, static_x, damngoodman999 are the ones I cn confirm. Any1 else?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I have bought 5 AMD systems in the last year (home+office+3 friends) and each time the shopkeeper asked me "aap baar baar AMD kyun lete hai? doosre saare customer intel se hi khush hai".

Krow

Crowman
^^^ "Aur hum AMD se zyaada khush hain."

One idiot was so well-informed abt AMD that he told me that the 940BE+GA-MA790GP-UD4H was available for RS.7950!!! The same guy quoted my frnd's C2D E7400 @ 5750, which was the best rate we got at that time! Baabu samjho ishaare, Market sudhaar re... Rum-Pum-Pum!

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
ATM I'm doing my best to get evry1 to buy AMD man. You TDF members cleared my misconceptions abt AMD and hence I got the best bang for my buck! Already, some digitans have the 940BE. Myself, static_x, damngoodman999 are the ones I cn confirm. Any1 else?

Before this P2 940 , i was using AMD phenom 9550 which i bought for 6800/- which not that much satisfied but Before that i was Intel pentium dual core which i bought in 2007 for Rs 9900/- .

@ the time of 2007 dual core is the fast & core2duo was introduced @ the rate of 14500 starting price .

With all the thing i considered INTEL is BINGA for MONEY for a computer geek who often changes the rig .

Intel is good processor but No good VLM , AMD may not fast as INTEL but it is good value for money

Athlon X2 7750 for 3.2K -- there is no intel as compared to this one @ the rate of 3K

AMD phenom 2 940 for 10.3K -- here also the same no intel is much compared @ this rate

Thats y i like AMD

^^^ "Aur hum AMD se zyaada khush hain."

One idiot was so well-informed abt AMD that he told me that the 940BE+GA-MA790GP-UD4H was available for RS.7950!!! The same guy quoted my frnd's C2D E7400 @ 5750, which was the best rate we got at that time! Baabu samjho ishaare, Market sudhaar re... Rum-Pum-Pum!
Abe ullu ke pathe, you could have bought it then and there and sold it for HUGE profits later :twisted:
Before this P2 940 , i was using AMD phenom 9550 which i bought for 6800/- which not that much satisfied but Before that i was Intel pentium dual core which i bought in 2007 for Rs 9900/- .

@ the time of 2007 dual core is the fast & core2duo was introduced @ the rate of 14500 starting price .

With all the thing i considered INTEL is BINGA for MONEY for a computer geek who often changes the rig .

Intel is good processor but No good VLM , AMD may not fast as INTEL but it is good value for money

Athlon X2 7750 for 3.2K -- there is no intel as compared to this one @ the rate of 3K

AMD phenom 2 940 for 10.3K -- here also the same no intel is much compared @ this rate

Thats y i like AMD
Strongly disagree about AX2 7750BE. Its one of the worst CPUs by AMD. Intel PDC E5200 is much more awesome @ Rs. 100 extra.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Abe ullu ke pathe, you could have bought it then and there and sold it for HUGE profits later :twisted:

Strongly disagree about AX2 7750BE. Its one of the worst CPUs by AMD. Intel PDC E5200 is much more awesome @ Rs. 100 extra.

I would disagree with your disagreement :)

you can't term a processor bad just because it couldn't overclock much. At stock speeds, it easily beats E5200. Remember, the percentage of buyers that overclock their CPUs is 10-15%. And remaining 85% will be happy with its performance.

I would say it is one of the worst overclocking BE edition processors but certainly a good processor and worth every penny.

I would disagree with your disagreement :)

you can't term a processor bad just because it couldn't overclock much. At stock speeds, it easily beats E5200. Remember, the percentage of buyers that overclock their CPUs is 10-15%. And remaining 85% will be happy with its performance.

I would say it is one of the worst overclocking BE edition processors but certainly a good processor and worth every penny.
I disagree with your disagreement to my disagreement. :rolleyes:

As a black edition its MEANT to be overclocked. And measuring a CPU's worth PURELY on basis of stock performance instead of maximum capable performance after investing in a cheap cooling solution is wrong.

And lets also not forget that while E5200 is a 65W CPU, 7750BE is a 95W CPU. Its a wastage of 30 watts. If you use the CPU for 8 hours per day (like me) that results in 63.6 Kilo Watt Hour extra power consumption and resulting in additional cost of Rs. 318 @ Rs. 5/unit of electricity.

And the margin with which 7750BE beats E5200 is also small.

Krow

Crowman
^^^ He also sd that the Corsair VX-450W is for RS.1550! I woulda bin a millionaire in a day! But I dint wanna run the risk of ending up with a Zebronics Real Power 450W or a VIP 450W or an iBall 450W!:):lol::grin::)):twisted:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
My current h/ware vendor is a good person. He came to gimme an ethernet wire I ordered from him... when he came here he told me that he has shipped in a good stock of the new AMD P2 920/940 CPUs and if I was interested in upgrading... he told me that this new AMD CPUs are quite cost effective :).

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I have long been a proponent of AMD, which is NOT the same as being a blind fanboy. In the current state of affairs, if one of my clients wants top performance without regard to cost, I tell him to go for a top-of-the-line Intel system. In most other cases, it makes no sense to buy Intel.

I remember a discussion we had here in TDF a few years ago, at a time when AMD was both faster and cheaper. One pro-Intel member's closing argument was that the only advantage of AMD was that it had more VFM. Be your own judge of that.

Not long ago, a client asked me to assemble a video editing machine for him. I considered Intel because this is the one area where Intel CPUs have always had an advantage. But in the end I went for AMD because, with the need to distribute funds among all the other equipment he needed for his studio, it still made more sense to go for AMD and lose a few per cent in redering speed.

^^I guess I fall in the same "proponent" category and I advice ppl to go AMD when the performance and price are the same.

But nothing prevents me from backing E5200 as the best low budget overclocker.

^^I guess I fall in the same "proponent" category and I advice ppl to go AMD when the performance and price are the same.

But nothing prevents me from backing E5200 as the best low budget overclocker.

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
E 5200 is gr8 overclocker , No doubt , i agree !!

Whats the Difference AMD phenom 2 940 & AMD phenom 2 945 i guess DDR3 ?? any other difference

Top Bottom