AMD PC for 30K - Office Productive

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
No, i3 is only powerful than A10-5800K where applications are not multi-threaded in nature, or they can't use all the available CPU core available.

Have a look here: AnandTech | Bench - CPU

Don't go by the Sysmark Benchmark results, they are biased towards Intel architecture and apart from Intel, none of the companies like AMD, nVidia don't support it.

Perfect :) Then its going to be only AMD. A10 or FX, is still a choice to make. I guess, finally we would go with FX without a discrete GPU as of now (tight budget :()

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
Finally my friend had bought the AMD A10 rig

For getting HD 3000 or HD 4000, you need to purchase minimum of 2500k or 3570k which alone costs op around 14k and out of his budget I've suggested 8120 or 8320 processor looking at OP's requirements. A multicore processor is also a better futureproof solution too.
I am not with A10 5800k here as it is never intendent for CPU intensive tasks and rather for budget gaming PC . But as per my understanding, OP's requirement here is cpu intensive tasks, not gaming. FX8120+AM3 motherboard roughly costs same as the A10 combination. OP can easily add a gpu like GT 610 at 2.5k with the setup for 1080p playback.

@Cilus, can this be replaced with i3 3225. Will the HD4000 from i3 3225 suffice HD movie exp (1080p)?

Top Bottom